NOOBY_TECH111

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012
Hi there.
A few hours ago i thought id change the cpus in my computers around.
1. my slim computer has a Intel core due 2 CPU.-With a NVIDIA QUADRO NVS 290 GPU.
2. My tower pc has a AMD SEPRON 3200+.-With a NVIDIA GEFORCE GTS 450.
Now the onl reason i was switching these was because i had to get a faster cpu in my tower pc cus the AMD cpu was heavily bottlenecking the card. Any way once i had the fan ontop of the cpu off i took the cpu out of the computer. I noticed one of the cpu's had a flat bottom, and the AMD had pointy bits on the back. So i immediatly realised that this wasent going to work so i stuck both cpu's back in the cases and everything and pluged it all back in. Now this is where the problem comes in. I press the power button and my monitor wont come on, in the beggining it says "Check Video Cables" and then says VGA:NO VIDEO INPUT, DVI:NO VIDEO INPUT.
and below it says the recommended resulotion.
1280x1024.
This go's with both computers,well the same thing happens on both computers.
:fou: I am not that happy as i only just got my GTS 450 up and going and now i had to go stuff something up.
PLEASE ANY HELP WILL BE EPRESIATED-i suck at spelling lol.

satyamdubey

Distinguished
thank god you didn't go ahead with that Brain Transplant :)...next time just try swapping the gpu's and may be the psu's if required..that'll be simpler... for starters disconnect all power to your PC's and clear out the CMOS by taking out the flat battery in the mobo's for like 10 mins . next make sure you plug you monitor cables into the gpu's and start your pc...

and this may not pose a problem right now...but you must reapply thermal compound on the cpu's as well and I assume that you've put the cpu's back in correct orientation and not damaged the sockets
for your intel cpu refer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e7HgFI8k1I
and amd refer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzZQgJDyzGI&feature=related

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
I can tell you for a start what the problem is with the sempron Cpu.
You have put it back in the wrong way !. You have then bent all of the gold plated pins on the under side of the cpu that fit into the tiny holes of the cpu Socket. clamped the heat sink down and killed it. You never took note of the key point on the cpu socket and the Cpu its self and lined them up. Or you have forgot to lock the Cpu retention arm down.
Its time to get out a craft blade and a magnifying glass if its the first solution, or buy another cpu.

NOOBY_TECH111

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012

Thanks alot man.
I did notice ALOT of the glod pins are bent, But when i pulled it out of the CPU socket it was bent, Anyway ill going to get a new MOBO and a CPU.