SLI 560 ti's getting hot

tah jones

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012
I'm always using Tom's Hardware when searching for answers but this time I have a question of my own. My computer is relatively new (just under a year) and I noticed the other day the back fan isn't spinning, I believe its the one known as push-pull because its 2 fans attached to each other. I don't know if it ever worked as this was my first time moving the PC from my house to a friends and thus my first time actually looking at the back and noticing that it doesn't spin. I also have 2 video cards but I never utilize SLI for fear of overheating, this could be because that fan never sucks the air out, or because I need an additional fan pointed directly in between them. When I do enable SLI my top card can get to 95c+ and the other is in the high 80s. My question is how would I go about repairing / replacing the one that doesn't work when it is attached to cooling tubes, and where would I plug an extra fan in if I bought one like the COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO which I heard was good. I don't really have any experience in this area so I think taking the entire machine apart is kinda out of the question for me. Thanks in advance for the help, I appreciate it. :)

tah jones

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012
Thanks for the feedback guys. Before I posted this last night I opened it and spent a can of duster cleaning out the fans and sucking it up with a small vacuum. The backside of the broken one looks like mini radiator but it was 100% covered in dust. Still doesn't work after cleaning though.

Before calling for a replacement I'd like to try plugging it into a different spot but I'm not sure where. What is a header?

tah jones

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012
Thanks a lot everyone. I appreciate the help. I'm going to give these things a try when I get some free time. That adapter looks useful, the power supply can handle a fan plugged directly into it?