Solved

What kind of performance will this give?

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor
GPU: HIS IceQ X H785QN2G2M Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
PSU: PC Power and Cooling Silencer MK III 600W Modular 80PLUS Bronze Power Supply
RAM: G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C8D-8GAB
Mobo: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Case: Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
CPU Heatsink Fan: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler
ODD: Asus DRW 24x SATA

What kind of performance will I get in games with those specifications? How much could I overclock the 2500k with that extra cooler?

Thanks,
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what kind performance give
  1. That is what I will have after my upgrades and it will play bf3 @ ultra like 40 fps.
  2. Best answer
    You can overclock your cpu to 4.5ghz easy and maybe 4.6ghz

Im running the ivy 3570k @ 4.5ghz and they run hotter so you will be fine

With that 7850 you can probably run on ultra without AA

Here a bf3 video running on your CPU and GPU:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWIxmKkqJ7c
  3. Oooh. BF3 Ultra - :D

In that video his processor isn't OCed, so I assume it would be even better than that?

I'll probably buy it soon.
  4. Overclocking will give a performance boost but not by much though

It will play BF3 fine though ranging anywhere from 50-100+ fps depending on the map size and whats going on

So your set!

Case looks blah though
  5. Yeah, my budget is kind of strict right now. All the parts cost a little more off Newegg for Canadians, so the total with shipping comes to $1084.00. Basically, my parents are giving me $600 towards the PC as a gift, and then I am going to match my allowance with my bank account funds, so basically that means $250 from each. Depending how much money I have in a month or two when I buy the parts, I might upgrade the case. Its pretty ugly.
  6. if I were i would get a summer job and save up money the first month, then you can buy an a killer computer.

What i did was i had my mom pay through her credit card and she payed the bill, now i just give here 300-700 a month to pay her back
  7. I'll try to get a job. My parents won't let me borrow.
  8. by all means this build is good and you should get it if you really want, you can search for jobs in the mean time and slowly upgrade your machine :)
  9. i would change the 2500k to the 3570k its only about $10 bucks more

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116504
  10. Oh, Ok. That makes a lot more sense, I didn't notice it.

Thanks.
  11. Wait! One more question. I was just digging around in my room and I found an old XP disk with product key and stuff. Would there be like incompatibility issues or anything if I were to use it? Its 32 bit, so would that cause problems?

Thanks,
  12. you could only use 4 gb with that os...get win 7 hp 64 bit
  13. Ok.
  14. Best answer selected by voiidwulf.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product