Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Which Build?

Last response: in Systems
June 29, 2012 9:53:16 PM

Monitor resolution is 1920x1080 on the first two builds, but I don't mid lowering the resolution to whatever.

First of all, I am aiming to play Battlefield 3 on mid settings in a server with a LARGE amount of players. Like over 45 players. Both builds consist of 8GB of 1333MHz RAM and a 500GB 7200 RPM HDD.

1. FX 8120 w/ Radeon 6850 (and components above)

or

2. FX 6100 w/ Radon 6870 (and components above)

EDIT:

3. Intel i5 2400 | GTX 550 Ti | Z68 Mobo http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite... | 4GB 1600 MHz RAM | 500GB 7200RPMHDD | 1600x900 Monitor

Thanks in advance. ;) 

More about : build

Best solution

June 29, 2012 10:24:25 PM

Hello, Check my signature builds, pick the one you like and we can modify it to fit your needs ;) 
June 29, 2012 11:02:02 PM

aqualipt said:
Hello, Check my signature builds, pick the one you like and we can modify it to fit your needs ;) 

First of all I would like to say you have a very impressive rig yourself!

The mid range PC appealed to me and my price range, but there are a couple of things. Im on a $1000 budget which has to include the components, keyboard, mouse, OS, and monitor. Also, I need the items to come from TigerDirect because they don't charge tax in my state :) . On Tiger, my mouse is Gigabyte M6900 for $30, Logitech K120 for $12, Windows 7 Hone Premium 64bit OEM, and either a $120 1920x1080 Acer monitor or a $100 1600x900 monitor depending on how much money is left in the budget.

My uses are: Gaming, Video editing/rendering, and web browsing.
m
l
Related resources
June 29, 2012 11:16:51 PM

i2Perfect said:
First of all I would like to say you have a very impressive rig yourself!

The mid range PC appealed to me and my price range, but there are a couple of things. Im on a $1000 budget which has to include the components, keyboard, mouse, OS, and monitor. Also, I need the items to come from TigerDirect because they don't charge tax in my state :) . On Tiger, my mouse is Gigabyte M6900 for $30, Logitech K120 for $12, Windows 7 Hone Premium 64bit OEM, and either a $120 1920x1080 Acer monitor or a $100 1600x900 monitor depending on how much money is left in the budget.

My uses are: Gaming, Video editing/rendering, and web browsing.

Thanks for the complement about my rig! :) 

The reason i didnt put any kind of peripherals in my rigs is because those are obvious items that you will buy, for example, if you have a 1000$ to buy a PC BUT you need the OS just say you have a 900$ budget, or in your case calculate the cost of the items you want that are not core components and substrac that from your budget (OS, keyboard, sound system, sound card, monitor, etc) and we will take care of the Case and everything that goes inside of it, unless you want a advise or have any question about certain peripherals, we can help you with that too, now whats your budget excluding obvious things?

btw.. i dindt know that e-tailers charged taxes :o 

EDIT: go to the top right corner of this page and check your messages.

EDIT2: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/b5oM this should be enough for you but i can get you something better if you read your messages ;) 
m
l
June 29, 2012 11:45:46 PM

aqualipt said:
Thanks for the complement about my rig! :) 

The reason i didnt put any kind of peripherals in my rigs is because those are obvious items that you will buy, for example, if you have a 1000$ to buy a PC BUT you need the OS just say you have a 900$ budget, or in your case calculate the cost of the items you want that are not core components and substrac that from your budget (OS, keyboard, sound system, sound card, monitor, etc) and we will take care of the Case and everything that goes inside of it, unless you want a advise or have any question about certain peripherals, we can help you with that too, now whats your budget excluding obvious things?

btw.. i dindt know that e-tailers charged taxes :o 

EDIT: go to the top right corner of this page and check your messages.

EDIT2: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/b5oM this should be enough for you but i can get you something better if you read your messages ;) 

On Newegg, there are three places where they charge taxes. I'm in one of those, Tennessee. :\
m
l
June 29, 2012 11:47:03 PM

Best answer selected by i2Perfect.
m
l
June 29, 2012 11:49:29 PM

The one you have selected is quite nice, but could you tell me which of the three are the best that I had picked out?
m
l
June 30, 2012 12:12:18 AM

i2Perfect said:
The one you have selected is quite nice, but could you tell me which of the three are the best that I had picked out?

you want me to be hoest? none... those buils are poorly balance, but i am sure you will do a great job next time.

The FXs CPUs are considered one of the biggest IT industry fails, they shouldnt be use for anything except Recycling
m
l
June 30, 2012 12:15:11 AM

btw... i did the math and you will have to pay about 50$ in taxes if you my build, but consider it a great investement because that rig has a lot of potential, in some time depending in your financials you could add a second 6870 or replace it with a 7850....or replace it with dual 7850 wich will be the ideal upgrade :D 

Edit: read your PM!!!
m
l
June 30, 2012 12:52:13 AM

I read the PM, could you send me some more info on it and a tutorial? It sounds like a great idea, did you do it for your PC?
m
l
June 30, 2012 1:54:05 AM

Of course i did, i will write you a tutorial, altough it might take a while...be patient :D 
m
l
June 30, 2012 2:34:56 AM

Done! check your PM
m
l
!