Assign Windows Sound Event to MouseOver?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Is there a way to assign sounds using "Control Panels -> Sounds" to
MouseOver events?

For example, I'd like to assing a [1 millisecond short] 'tick' sound to
MouseOver system-wide such that every time the mouse pointer moves over
a menu, a menu item, a toolbar button or a window border, the 'tick' is
triggered.

I'm wondering whether there is a way to do this?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi David,

It is not possible to set sound events manually. They can only be set by specific applications for
specific events.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

Anando [MS-MVP] wrote:

> It is not possible to set sound events manually. They can only be set
> by specific applications for specific events.

I thought there might be a way to tweak MouseOver sounds in the
registry. But thanks anyway.