Sign in with
Your question

Moving from midi to full tower-will my mobo reset?

Last response: in Systems
June 29, 2012 10:02:01 PM

Hello and thanks for looking at this,I am getting A NZXT Phantom very soon to replace the midi case I have now -bad airflow and temps issues-and my question is..will my motherboard reset to factory settings ? will I need to re-install my OS? should I be backing up data? I have watched several Newegg tutorials but (these) questions were not addressed,many thanks again for your time.
a b B Homebuilt system
June 29, 2012 10:11:29 PM

you are not changing any part of your system. nothing should be affected as long as nothing goes wrong.

of course you should already have written down your BIOS settings and your data should already be backed up. it not do so, you never know what might happen. my cat kicked a cup of tea into my side fan yesterday and I'm still trying to sort out all the issues
June 29, 2012 10:11:38 PM

Should be no problems. The case is not part of the computer logic circuitry.

Just be methodical in disconnecting the various parts and reconnecting in the new case in the same manner.

The only things you will have to pay attention to are the case's front panel wiring. Refer to both the case instructions and the motherboard instructions to determine what plugs in where.
June 29, 2012 10:16:09 PM

Traildriver said:
Should be no problems. The case is not part of the computer logic circuitry.

Just be methodical in disconnecting the various parts and reconnecting in the new case in the same manner.

The only things you will have to pay attention to are the case's front panel wiring. Refer to both the case instructions and the motherboard instructions to determine what plugs in where.

Thank you for that Traildriver,you have reassured me.
June 29, 2012 11:40:17 PM

unksol said:
you are not changing any part of your system. nothing should be affected as long as nothing goes wrong.

of course you should already have written down your BIOS settings and your data should already be backed up. it not do so, you never know what might happen. my cat kicked a cup of tea into my side fan yesterday and I'm still trying to sort out all the issues

Thank you for that,zulux
!