Sign in with
Your question

What is the best midrange GPU For my intel i5 build

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 6, 2012 6:13:46 AM

Hi,

I have confirmed my new i5 2500k build from amazon(newegg not available in india)

It's Specs Are :-
CPU :-Intel i5 2500k

Mobo :- ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3

RAM :-Corsair Vengeance Blue 8 GB (2X4 GB) PC3-12800 1600mHz DDR3

PSU:- Corsair Memory Cx Series Compatible With Intel Core I7 and Core I5 ATX 600 Energy Star Certified Power Supply CMPSU-600CX

ATX Case:- Cooler Master HAF 912 Mid Tower ATX Case

Now i want a new midrange gpu

My budget is 220$

I am not a fanboy of nvidia or ati

So Please recommend me one good gpu

And yes No SLI OR CROSSFIRES!!!

Thanx in advance!!!!!!!
May 6, 2012 7:22:13 AM

whats your budget in INR?

the 560 ti would be my natural choice. Most of them (including the MSI Twin Frozr) cost abt 13,000 INR.

m
l
May 6, 2012 8:22:04 AM

psirohi said:
whats your budget in INR?

the 560 ti would be my natural choice. Most of them (including the MSI Twin Frozr) cost abt 13,000 INR.

Yes it maybe around Rs.15,000
m
l
Related resources
May 6, 2012 8:26:10 AM

akash123able said:
Yes it maybe around Rs.15,000

Dont know which city you stay in, but in delhi you can get hold of a MSI Twin Frozr for 13K - had a friend buy it a week back. Evga will cost about 1500 more.

Also do you have any particular games in mind?
m
l
May 6, 2012 8:32:27 AM

msi gtx 560ti twin frozr II/OC 1gb or go 2gb if you want both are the same anyway, or the msi gtx560ti hawk or the msi gtx560ti 448

or go sapphire hd 6870
m
l
May 6, 2012 8:43:47 AM

Quote:
15,000= $335 or 207 british pounds.

7870 is the best for your money:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

As long as you can get it at the same or very near rate in a store where you live.

My friend you forget the import duties that are killer.

the 7870 in India is about 22,00 INR = 255 GBP (410 USD) . Just got it yesterday.
m
l
May 6, 2012 9:47:08 AM

Quote:
15,000= $335 or 207 british pounds.

7870 is the best for your money:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

As long as you can get it at the same or very near rate in a store where you live.

Thanks for the advise but in India it is 28,000 INR way out of my budget and yes all electronic products are very expensive in India
m
l
May 6, 2012 9:50:17 AM

psirohi said:
Dont know which city you stay in, but in delhi you can get hold of a MSI Twin Frozr for 13K - had a friend buy it a week back. Evga will cost about 1500 more.

Also do you have any particular games in mind?

I donot live in Delhi I live in Visakhapatnam Andhra Pradesh

Flipkart and eBay are my choices but I donot find the MSI TwinFrozer but is it better than ati hd 6870

I want to play games like BF3 NFS The Run Crysis 2 and big titles and yes I want an gpu with oc potential and yes should I buy an extra fan Becoz I am new to over clocking
m
l
May 6, 2012 9:54:50 AM

psirohi said:
not the best online seller (slightly over priced and bad shipping), op might get better deals depending on which city he stay in. Also HIS doesnt have much of presence in India. Though love their cooling solutions.

But yeah if 15-16 is the band then the 6950 and the 7850 come into play.

I can afford but it should really come for at least 1 year and yes heard drivers issue with ati
m
l
May 6, 2012 10:51:21 AM

akash123able said:
I donot live in Delhi I live in Visakhapatnam Andhra Pradesh

Flipkart and eBay are my choices but I donot find the MSI TwinFrozer but is it better than ati hd 6870

I want to play games like BF3 NFS The Run Crysis 2 and big titles and yes I want an gpu with oc potential and yes should I buy an extra fan Becoz I am new to over clocking

unfortunately BF3 and crysis are both nvidia optimised :( . so a nvidia 560 ti is abt as good there as a radeon HD 7850. But for most other games a 7850 is better.

The MSI twinfrozer Nvidia 560 ti would give a good OC performance. (this is a link for it http://www.flipkart.com/msi-nvidia-n560gtx-ti-twin-froz...)

As regards the performance Radeon HD 6870 <Nvidia 560ti < Radeon 6950 < HD 7850 [this is a general rule of thumb]

If OC is your issue then pick up something with good overclock potentials, and its a good idea to pick up OC editions (they generally have OC written in the product name). The MSI Twin frozr editions of Nvidia and AMD cards are generally good. HIS too has very very good cooling. You can also check for sapphire OC editions.

Also word of advice, ebay and flipkart arent really the greatest places for buying graphics cards. You end up spending about Rs. 2,000 more at this price point.

Fyi, you can check with this dealer <smcinternational.in>, its one of the best sellers in delhi and has most performance cards if you contact them, shipping is fairly cheap and if you convince them they sometimes ship for free too.

Lamington road sellers in bombay also ship, check with them. bitfang.in is one example.
m
l
May 6, 2012 3:28:04 PM

psirohi said:
unfortunately BF3 and crysis are both nvidia optimised :( . so a nvidia 560 ti is abt as good there as a radeon HD 7850. But for most other games a 7850 is better.

The MSI twinfrozer Nvidia 560 ti would give a good OC performance. (this is a link for it http://www.flipkart.com/msi-nvidia-n560gtx-ti-twin-froz...)

As regards the performance Radeon HD 6870 <Nvidia 560ti < Radeon 6950 < HD 7850 [this is a general rule of thumb]

If OC is your issue then pick up something with good overclock potentials, and its a good idea to pick up OC editions (they generally have OC written in the product name). The MSI Twin frozr editions of Nvidia and AMD cards are generally good. HIS too has very very good cooling. You can also check for sapphire OC editions.

Also word of advice, ebay and flipkart arent really the greatest places for buying graphics cards. You end up spending about Rs. 2,000 more at this price point.

Fyi, you can check with this dealer <smcinternational.in>, its one of the best sellers in delhi and has most performance cards if you contact them, shipping is fairly cheap and if you convince them they sometimes ship for free too.

Lamington road sellers in bombay also ship, check with them. bitfang.in is one example.

Thank You I will refer to them and yes they arenot the only games I play and yes are there any websites which sell even cheaper Thanx so what should I take
m
l
May 6, 2012 4:34:52 PM

the answer will be best found in your budget man.

But if you plan on sticking to 15K as an absolute number the 7850 is your best bet. If you can afford some more money go for the 7870 (which will cost 22,000).Look for the OC editions as i said

Also best manufacturers would be MSI or Sapphire.

p.s. flipkart is expensive but has good warranty and support. Would suggest that if you are buying from any other websites read up on their reviews and service, as otherwise you might have trouble with the warranty and service.

as I said smcinternational and bitfang are websites i have used and they have good prices and support.
m
l
May 7, 2012 4:58:08 AM

psirohi said:

But if you plan on sticking to 15K as an absolute number the 7850 is your best bet. If you can afford some more money go for the 7870 (which will cost 22,000).Look for the OC editions as i said

p.s. flipkart is expensive but has good warranty and support. Would suggest that if you are buying from any other websites read up on their reviews and service, as otherwise you might have trouble with the warranty and service.

as I said smcinternational and bitfang are websites i have used and they have good prices and support.

Aren't there any competitors for 7850 by nvidia ? Which are equally good
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
May 7, 2012 5:02:01 AM

Not really, GTX 560 Ti is a bit below it, but it's cheaper too. Nvidia is being late with their new cards, so AMD gets a monopoly at that price point.
m
l
May 7, 2012 5:19:38 AM

Sunius said:
Not really, GTX 560 Ti is a bit below it, but it's cheaper too. Nvidia is being late with their new cards, so AMD gets a monopoly at that price point.

What about the drivers of hd 7850
m
l
May 7, 2012 5:46:44 AM

And Yes Freinds I have an AOC TV With a Resolution of 1366 * 768! Now this make it easier for you guys and i want a gpu which will be able to play games for 1-2 years
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
May 7, 2012 6:32:47 AM

I'd go with GTX 560 Ti. It easily fits your budget and will handle EVERYTHING on max at that resolution. Even if you upgrade your monitor, it will be decent.
m
l
May 7, 2012 9:45:55 AM

psirohi said:

I have An AOC TV with resolution of 1366 * 768 an I won't upgrade that very soon I want to be a bit budget minded because I need to save please recommend me now
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
May 7, 2012 9:53:29 AM

is GTX 560 Ti over your budget?
m
l
May 7, 2012 1:54:44 PM

Sunius said:
is GTX 560 Ti over your budget?

No
m
l
May 7, 2012 3:17:59 PM

akash123able said:
I have An AOC TV with resolution of 1366 * 768 an I won't upgrade that very soon I want to be a bit budget minded because I need to save please recommend me now

As I said straight up, If money is your prime concern you should go for the nvidia GTX560 ti which is in the range of 13000 to 14500. It will be more than enough to handle games at your present resolution. Preferred manufacture again MSI or evga (note the evga is more expensive at 14500 ). Plus in future u can unlike the Radeon use it for a physics processor.

That said the 7850 is a better card, and given that you can get hold of it for only 1500 rupees more it does make it a good choice. So unless you think that 1500 is an absolute bar go for it.

Just to recap the 560 ti is cheaper and slower comparatively but is excellent value at ur current resolution.

The 7850 is a stronger and more expensive card, but more future proof.
m
l
!