• Power Supplies
  • Til
  • Sapphire
  • HD
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
November 6, 2012 1:16:10 PM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

im going to use only i3 2100 + HD 6850 Sapphire Toxic and planning to OC til 850mhz. will this PSU can handle it?

More about : choosing psu

Best solution

November 6, 2012 1:30:19 PM

It has the required connectors, on the AMD site it says a 500 watt or greater power supply is required so my guess is that it can handle, but if you can you should future proof your pc by getting a more powerful power supply.

From what i saw this is not a good PSU brand, which means the PSU won't deliver the wattage said in the box, i would recommend going with a Corsair PSU as i know they are a good brand.
November 6, 2012 1:30:22 PM

Any good quality 450W+ PSU will do just fine. Emphasis on the good quality though.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b ) Power supply
November 6, 2012 1:51:20 PM

Raidmax is not known for their quality PSUs. I would recommend tha you get something from Corsair, Seasonic, Antec, PCP&C, XFX, or Enermax.
m
l
November 6, 2012 1:52:31 PM

First off, Raidmax = no. Doesn't matter if it's 1000W, no. Read my sig. I'm running the exact same setup on a quality 450W PSU. I haven't had any issues.

Unfortunately this PSU only has one 6-pin connector. You want to find one with at least two. That way you can upgrade your Video Card to a higher end model and not have to swap PSU's.

Edit: The Corsair CX600 V2 is a solid PSU, has two 6+2-pin connectors and has enough headroom for future upgrades. But a quality 430W or 450W will suffice.
m
l
November 16, 2012 12:56:44 AM

Best answer selected by fsnfms.
m
l
!