Help me Pick a PSU

MrSmoofy

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
I don't have the specs on all the components yet.

The CPU which I do have is an AMD X6 1045T Phenom II 2.7Ghz, 3.2 GHz Turbo 6 core Socket AM3

This won't be an overclocked gaming PC but I do plan on playing some games like Age of Empires Online and Sim City 2013

It will have to start an SSD (OS) and an HHD (Data)
16gb of ram
DVD/CDR reader/writer
Video Card that supports up to 4 monitors.

I want the PSU to be able to take possible an additional video card in the future, video capture card, additional HHD's possible external esata drives etc.

Newegg has some PSU's on sale right now. I want to stay around $100. I prefer modular so I can have less cords in the way that are not being used. Doesn't need to have any fancy lighting. 80 PLUS (think I would prefer GOLD)

I know 1000 would be over kill but I'm worried 500 would be not enough so I was thinking around 750 might be a good place.

well when picking the psu wattage you have to know what kind of video card you will be running. slower ones take one 6 pin pcie and high end ones take two 6 pins or a 6 pin and an 8 pin
i would pick a 600~w psu for a single graphics card solution
750w for a dual card config

MrSmoofy

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012

Thank you for your input, yea I kind of realized I'm putting the cart before the horse and need to figure out which mobo and graphics card I want first to figure out which PSU.

I was leaning towards a 750w 80 PLUS GOLD modular anyways so your comment kind of confirms what my gut was telling me.

MrSmoofy

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012

Thanks for the feedback I'll keep an eye on them.