Sign in with
Your question

NO BUILT IN EMAIL CLIENT?? HELP!!

Last response: in Windows 7
January 28, 2012 10:45:50 PM

Hello,
A BILLIONS OF DOLLARS COMPANY. (MS) PUTS OUT AN OS (W-7 64 BIT) WITH NO BUILTIN MAIL CLIENT. WHATS WITH THAT? I PURCHASED A NEW PC (HP) WITH HOME 7. DOES ANY BODY KNOW THE FIX ON THIS? I KNOW MS PROBABLY DOESINT. THERE HAS TO BE MONATARY PROFIT IN THIS FOR MS. AND MISERY FOR IT CLIENTS.

More about : built email client

a b $ Windows 7
January 28, 2012 10:52:49 PM

MS offers you a free e-mail app for windows 7 via download . It is called Windows live mail.
It is excellent.
They also offer microsoft security essentials which is an effective low resource and free anti virus.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 28, 2012 10:53:49 PM

Relax. It should show up in Windows Update as "Windows Live Essentials."
I believe that it was part of the agreement with the Justice Dept. to help competition by not having Microsoft include the email client, Photo Gallery, and one or two other things.
m
l
Related resources
January 29, 2012 9:01:46 PM

There are tons of free email clients for Windows like Windows Live Mail and, my personal favorite - TrulyMail. Microsoft is just tired of being taken to court for cramming software down users' throats (they got into a lot of problems bundling IE with Windows). Just download a free client and you're good to go.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 29, 2012 9:35:26 PM

Blame The EU, not Microscoft for this one.
m
l
a b α HP
a c 401 $ Windows 7
January 29, 2012 9:52:15 PM

Plus 1 for Thunderbird ^
m
l
February 6, 2012 6:14:50 PM

mpcom said:
Hello,
A BILLIONS OF DOLLARS COMPANY. (MS) PUTS OUT AN OS (W-7 64 BIT) WITH NO BUILTIN MAIL CLIENT. WHATS WITH THAT? I PURCHASED A NEW PC (HP) WITH HOME 7. DOES ANY BODY KNOW THE FIX ON THIS? I KNOW MS PROBABLY DOESINT. THERE HAS TO BE MONATARY PROFIT IN THIS FOR MS. AND MISERY FOR IT CLIENTS.

THANKS EVERYONE. GREAT INFO. WORKED OUT WELL.
m
l
!