Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

What should i get

Last response: in Components
Share
November 6, 2012 3:13:02 PM

ffs due to a prick known as dad im forced to buy a pre built pc so any body know any good pcs from amazon with a i5 aftermarket cooling decent mobo and 8gb 1600mhz ram? trust me i tried to convince him but he would not budge. it does not need hdd ssds or gpus as im getting them seperate. oh and 500w power supply would be nice

More about : question

November 6, 2012 3:20:16 PM

Budget?

And your parents are being kind enough to buy you an expensive luxury like a gaming PC, calling your father a prick is pretty pathetic and ignorantly self entitled
November 6, 2012 3:22:43 PM

wr6133 said:
Budget?

And your parents are being kind enough to buy you an expensive luxury like a gaming PC, calling your father a prick is pretty pathetic and ignorantly self entitled

well im paying 400 pounds and my parents 450-500 pounds so 900 say.
Related resources
November 6, 2012 3:24:50 PM

im going to buy an ocz agillity 3 120gb and a gtx670 windforce on it's own as they tend to overcharge on those aspects
November 6, 2012 3:25:48 PM

forgot to mention i would like a 2500k or a 3570k
November 6, 2012 3:29:05 PM

http://www.cclonline.com/product/83900/NoMfgCode/All-CC...

I know thats more than you want but bump the mobo to the Gbyte option (under customise) and there is a solid contender

OR

A way round your Dad's prebuilt thing is use that site choose all the parts you want then select their build option they will build it for you (think it costs about £40) you would get the machine you want then and could have built but make your Dad happy that it is prebuilt. 900 notes should get you pretty far

EDIT*I thnk scan and aria also do build it options
November 6, 2012 3:31:15 PM

wr6133 said:
http://www.cclonline.com/product/83900/NoMfgCode/All-CC...

I know thats more than you want but bump the mobo to the Gbyte option (under customise) and there is a solid contender

OR

A way round your Dad's prebuilt thing is use that site choose all the parts you want then select their build option they will build it for you (think it costs about £40) you would get the machine you want then and could have built but make your Dad happy that it is prebuilt. 900 notes should get you pretty far

EDIT*I thnk scan and aria also do build it options

im currently looking on dino pc but they only have a stock 670
November 6, 2012 3:53:40 PM

so why cant you just build a pc from scratch and save both ur parents and yourself some hard earned cash!!! much easier to gt what you want for a PC also
November 6, 2012 3:57:03 PM

dunn2k said:
so why cant you just build a pc from scratch and save both ur parents and yourself some hard earned cash!!! much easier to gt what you want for a PC also

becuase my dad is adamant on the pre build as he is stubborn
November 6, 2012 4:08:52 PM

http://www.cclonline.com/product/334/N/A/Custom-Build-S...

Ok that option above would leave you £840 for the parts you want

Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Processor
http://www.cclonline.com/product/73989/BX80637I53570K/C...

Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H Motherboard
http://www.cclonline.com/product/81539/GA-Z77-DS3H/Moth...

Corsair CML8GX3M2A1600C9 LP Vengeance Memory 8GB 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 Two Module Kit
http://www.cclonline.com/product/61774/CML8GX3M2A1600C9...

Palit GeForce GTX 670 Jetstream Graphics Card
http://www.cclonline.com/product/82247/NE5X670H1042-104...

120GB OCZ Agility 3 2.5" Solid State Drive
http://www.cclonline.com/product/58355/AGT3-25SAT3-120G...

CCL Choice 22x DVD+/-RW Drive
http://www.cclonline.com/product/92980/CCL-DVDRW-BLK-52...

1TB Western Digital Caviar Black 3.5" Hard Disk Drive
http://www.cclonline.com/product/6939/WD1001FALS/Hard-D...

Xigmatek Asgard Pro Gaming Case
http://www.cclonline.com/product/79782/CCC-AE37BS-U02/C...

OCZ ZS Series 650W Power Supply
http://www.cclonline.com/product/60912/OCZ-ZS650W-UK/Po...

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler
http://www.cclonline.com/product/76740/RR-212E-16PK-R1/...

Total £844.60

So when you add the build service I linked at top of post total is £904.60
!