First build in my life

cck0318

Honorable
Jun 29, 2012
Hello all, im a noob trying to build a computer for the first time and i need some expert's opinions, here are the components that im going to order
Oh by the way, i wanted to make a mid/high gaming computer for my brother.

CPU: AMD Phenom ii x4 965 black edition 3.4GHz
CASE: Cooler Master HAF 912 mid tower
PSU: Cooler Master GX series 650w
Graphics card: EVGA Geforce GTX 550Ti Fermi
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA 970A UD3 AM3+ AMD 970 Sata 6gbs usb 3.0 atx amd
RAM: corsair vengeance 8gb
Hard drive: Western Digital Blue 500gb 7200rpm 16mb cache sata 6.0
DVD CD Rom: Asus 24x dvd burner

So here are the components for my future computer and can you guys tell me what i need or if i gotta fix anything please let me know .. thank you so much

Oh and i got like $750 to spend and these components will cost me about $630 and i gotta add windows7. . Thank you

Ps. I'm ordering these tomorrow so can you guys check if all the components get along pretty well or not . I'm kinda nervous ... Thank you .. And sorry about not following the format , my internet is down and my phone won't allow me to do other things.. Thank you

Dont buy windows 7

download the preview of windows 8
You will have to do a full install again later when the retail version is released but for now it saves you
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/release-preview

agrees with the seasonic psu recommendation

and since you have a little more money now then upgrade the mb to the ASUS M5A97 evo
That would give you the option of front USB 3 ports but you'd need to get a case with front USB 3 too . There is an "advanced" version of the HAF 912 with USB3 but its not listed on Newegg
The Antec 300 two would be a good substitute
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129180
but there are other choices too

cck0318

Honorable
Jun 29, 2012
Okay thank you guys .. I might have to work on that . I'll probably get antec or something for my psu .. Do you guys think my components get along like there is no mismatch or anything ??