Sign in with
Your question

Sapphire Radeon HD7850 OC vs Asus HD7850 DC2 2GD5

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 6, 2012 11:15:40 AM

I'm trying to pick between these two cards:

- ASUS HD7850-DC2-2GD5 2GB PCI-E RETAIL
- SAPPHIRE RADEON HD7850 OC 2GB DDR5 PCI-E RETAIL

First of all both of them are PCI-E 3.0. So hopefully they will work on my older PCI-E 1.0 mobo but with a lower performance until I upgrade it.

Second which one would you prefer? The Asus is a bit cheaper and it has a 3 year warranty vs the 2 year warranty of the Sapphire. However the Sapphire has an 920 MHz engine clock and a 5000 MHz memory clock vs the 870 MHz engine clock and a 4840 MHz memory clock of the Asus.

Thanks
May 6, 2012 4:15:15 PM

sirival said:

First of all both of them are PCI-E 3.0. So hopefully they will work on my older PCI-E 1.0 mobo but with a lower performance until I upgrade it.

Second which one would you prefer? The Asus is a bit cheaper and it has a 3 year warranty vs the 2 year warranty of the Sapphire. However the Sapphire has an 920 MHz engine clock and a 5000 MHz memory clock vs the 870 MHz engine clock and a 4840 MHz memory clock of the Asus.

Thanks

clock speeds shouldnt really matter because both can be overclocked very easy
i too am looking for the best 7850
asus i think would be the better since the cooler is 10 inches when the pcb is only 8 , which means higher overclocking but make sure it fits in your case
but im personly probaly going to go sapphire or gigabyte because i like their color scheme better but most likily sapphire because gigabyte has some weird flaws to it

also if power is not a issue you should look at the xfx version it is cooled somewhat better and can get higher overclocks since its two 6 pins not one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
May 6, 2012 5:12:07 PM

+ 1 one to ASUS for the Cooler, which is the same as the the one they use for the 7870.

Though I would suspect the sapphire would be faster
Related resources
May 7, 2012 6:55:13 PM

i am looking at these cards too (as well as the 560ti lol) and there is also the twin forzr version of the 7850. i would like to hear form people who actually have owned one or more of these cards tho.
May 7, 2012 9:39:12 PM

yahiax said:
i am looking at these cards too (as well as the 560ti lol) and there is also the twin forzr version of the 7850. i would like to hear form people who actually have owned one or more of these cards tho.

To be honest they are all great cards. You would be happy to take any of them. . Just keep in mind that the asus is a bit slower
May 7, 2012 9:53:28 PM

I finally went with the NVIDIA 560 Ti... I've been hearing about the instability of Radeon cards from various people and also seen similar reports in the tests of this site, so I prefer the more 'stable' solution.

Thank you all for your responses!
May 7, 2012 10:01:09 PM

sirival said:
I finally went with the NVIDIA 560 Ti... I've been hearing about the instability of Radeon cards from various people and also seen similar reports in the tests of this site, so I prefer the more 'stable' solution.

Thank you all for your responses!

Which one did u get?

Also while ati is no where close to nvidia on driver support they still make excellent cards. On my third ati and so far it's all been good :) 
May 7, 2012 10:04:36 PM

psirohi said:
Which one did u get?

Also while ati is no where close to nvidia on driver support they still make excellent cards. On my third ati and so far it's all been good :) 

I got the EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti DS Superclocked. I ordered it I haven't received it yet..

Don't get me wrong I think Radeon cards are better spec-wise but there are issues in various software packages like 3d Max and since I'm a developer I figured I would avoid the ( possible) hussle!
May 8, 2012 6:09:51 AM

sirival said:
I got the EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti DS Superclocked. I ordered it I haven't received it yet..

Don't get me wrong I think Radeon cards are better spec-wise but there are issues in various software packages like 3d Max and since I'm a developer I figured I would avoid the ( possible) hussle!

Excellent choice
June 16, 2012 9:34:06 PM

sirival said:

Thanks

Hi,

I got the ASUS HD7850 in a recent build and I was wondering:
1) Do I download the drivers for it from AMD or ASUS website? or both?
2) will i have bottlenecking issues if i decide to crossfire this card with an i5-3450 cpu? (also, my psu is a corsair tx650 v2)

Thanks
a b U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
June 27, 2012 11:16:17 AM

kanjelman7 said:
Hi,

I got the ASUS HD7850 in a recent build and I was wondering:
1) Do I download the drivers for it from AMD or ASUS website? or both?
2) will i have bottlenecking issues if i decide to crossfire this card with an i5-3450 cpu? (also, my psu is a corsair tx650 v2)

Thanks

From the AMD site Preferably. Always.
No, you'll not be seeing a bottle neck with that config when you crossfire the cards.

PS: And please don't hijack someone else's thread, try to post your questions in a new thread.
!