Sign in with
Your question

Is my psu good enough.? .

Last response: in Components
November 6, 2012 6:31:36 PM

cooler master extreme power plus 500w
I am buying ati 7770 graphics card which requires 450w
So I checked required wattage for my current configuration with the new graphics card it says that I need around 430-450 w.
Checked the efficiency of my psu it is just around 73%.

So what do you guys think will I be fine or what?

More about : psu good

a b ) Power supply
a b U Graphics card
November 6, 2012 6:36:51 PM

Should be enough, but to be on the safe side list your entire build. Generally Cooler Master power supplies are cheap and they label their power supplies incorrectly, I have a cooler master power supply as well right now (Old antec just died and awaiting for my new one) and I can tell you it only puts down 427 watts as they claim it on the label. Yours is different from mine since it is a extreme series so you may have better wattage than I. That being said try and avoid cooler master (unless its the silent pro series) and other cheap chinese manufacturers. Try going for Antec, Corsair, Seasonic, XFX, PC power and Cooling, Cougar, and other good power supply brands.

Take a look at this tier list of power supplies:
http://www.overclock.net/t/667515/reference-power-suppl...
m
l
Related resources
a c 122 ) Power supply
a c 185 U Graphics card
November 6, 2012 6:37:53 PM

I would not use that power supply if you paid me to i highly suggest you don't risk it
m
l
a c 262 ) Power supply
a c 256 U Graphics card
November 6, 2012 7:52:31 PM

socialfox said:
Should be enough, but to be on the safe side list your entire build. Generally Cooler Master power supplies are cheap and they label their power supplies incorrectly, I have a cooler master power supply as well right now (Old antec just died and awaiting for my new one) and I can tell you it only puts down 427 watts as they claim it on the label. Yours is different from mine since it is a extreme series so you may have better wattage than I. That being said try and avoid cooler master (unless its the silent pro series) and other cheap chinese manufacturers. Try going for Antec, Corsair, Seasonic, XFX, PC power and Cooling, Cougar, and other good power supply brands.

That list is 2 years out of date. Here is the new one. Up to date as of April.

http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx

Coolermaster EPP is crap. Avoid both Coolermaster and Thermaltake power supplies. Stick with Corsair, Seasonic, PC Power and Cooling, XFX, Silverstone, Enermax, OCZ and Antec. Rosewill also has a very good line with their very affordable 80 Plus Gold rated Capstone series.
m
l
November 7, 2012 1:46:04 AM

socialfox said:

1. Samsung 21.5 inch LED - S22B370H Monitor
2. Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9) *2 i.e 8GB Ram
3. Intel 3.3 GHz LGA 1155 Core i5-2500K Processor
4. Intel DH67CL Motherboard
5. Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500 Watts PSU
6. Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus Mid Tower Cabinet
7. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB Desktop Internal Hard Drive 7300 RPM
8. 2 CPU Fans 1*80mm 1*120mm
9. Around 4 External USB Devices like HD's, Joystics, iPod and others. excluding Mouse And Keyboard.
No DVD Drive
m
l
!