Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Need a sound card extension.

Last response: in Components
November 6, 2012 6:53:31 PM

My problem is my sound card (using the smal pcie slot) litterally is touching the top of my gpu. This is not only bad for heat issues but creates problems becauae occationally the computer doesnt boot correctly. Id assume this is because the sound card and gpu touching is screwing up the connection some how. As far as i can tell the only options are to find some sort of extension cable so i can use my sound card outside the computer case. Or sell the sound card? Is there such thing as a small pcie port extension cable? Do i have other options? Help please!

More about : sound card extension

November 6, 2012 7:05:01 PM

I think the only thing you can do is get a lower profile sound card unfortunately

Best solution

November 6, 2012 7:43:13 PM

Most PCs/motherboards from the past 8-10 years have on-board audio. If yours doesn't, another possibility would be USB sound.
November 7, 2012 4:52:24 AM

Best answer selected by Jdlutz89.