Will these parts work together?

Hello,
Didnt really want this PSU, but it was free.
PSU:Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-750M 750W
Motherboard: ASUS M5A99X EVO AM3 AMD
GPU Card: SAPPHIRE Ultimate Radeon HD 6670 1GB 128-bit
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3
CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 640 Propus 3.0GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB 64MB

I have a Thermaltake Black v9 Edition case as well.
4 answers Last reply
More about will parts work together
  1. Your psu is wayyyy overkill for that build but it's free, everything is fine though what's your budget do we can help you get the best price and hardware
  2. Yes I know it is. My budget is around $600. I heard that the PSU doesnt actually come near 750w, but instead around 600. im a little nervous from what Ive heard about it. People are saying dont hook it up to anything of value, becuase it will fail. Possibly fry my motherboard..
  3. haole12 said:
    Yes I know it is. My budget is around $600. I heard that the PSU doesnt actually come near 750w, but instead around 600. im a little nervous from what Ive heard about it. People are saying dont hook it up to anything of value, becuase it will fail. Possibly fry my motherboard..

thermaltake generally has a bad reputation however if its free and that's your budget take it. you will be NOWHERE near its wattage limit, and its actually not a bad PSU. there's more details in the review below you can look at, I just linked to the conclusion page

www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Thermaltake/Smart_M_750W/10.html
  4. Thanks for the link to the review.. I was a little worried, but I think it should be fine. I guess its better to be above the wattage limit, than below. hehe
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems