Sign in with
Your question

Help with Win7 reinstall ? PC fails

Last response: in Components
November 6, 2012 8:27:28 PM

Hello,
Finally after a mo, got win7 reinstalled on acer aspire 1. Unfortunately, on booting up today, now get "problem event" start up failed. The "Startup repair offline" shows:
roblem Event Name: Startup Repair Offline
Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 03: Unknown
Problem Signature 04: -1
Problem Signature 05: Auto Failover
Problem Signature 06: 1
Problem Signature 07: Bad Disk
OS Version 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Also - note that I/O initiated by registery has an unreconciliable error, unable to writne in/out. OX800703F8.

Couuld someone point me in a windows for dummy help? Thank you very very much.

More about : win7 reinstall fails

November 6, 2012 9:43:38 PM

Hmm seems to me like a bad hard disk/drive. If you are able to run windows in safe mode and run a disk check and see if you have any errors. Did this just occur when you formatted your hard drive/ re-installed windows? If you are unable to do that try using another computer and download hirens boot disc and run the hard drive tools.

Edit: Also try taking out the hard drive and installing it as a secondary hard drive in another build, see if you can pull out any of your data.
m
l
November 7, 2012 1:09:35 PM

socialfox said:
Hmm seems to me like a bad hard disk/drive. If you are able to run windows in safe mode and run a disk check and see if you have any errors. Did this just occur when you formatted your hard drive/ re-installed windows? If you are unable to do that try using another computer and download hirens boot disc and run the hard drive tools.

Edit: Also try taking out the hard drive and installing it as a secondary hard drive in another build, see if you can pull out any of your data.

thanks for responding. On start up, prior to getting into windows safe mode (won't load), on black screen, I was able to check memory (have choice to boot or check memory). There are no memory issues. I haven't done a check disk, tho and if I can ever get loaded again, will try in dos. Yes, had reinstalled win7 home premium. ended up having to repartition as acer erecovery failed too, so this is 3rd or 4th time woeking w/ reintall. Will try the hirens boot disc. thx.
m
l
!