Level 48... and a bit of leveling in mind

Hey there,

I reached level 48 last week, and I think I've cleared Tanaris,
Hinterlands, Badlands, Stranglethorn Vale, Dustwallow Marsh and Feralas
of nearly all their solo-able quests.

After a 4 days break (goodness!), tonight is a good time for me to
discover brand new areas for me, do some exploring and hopefully
refresh my questlog (currently filled with Maraudon, Sunken Temple and
Zul'Farrak quests) before going to bed early (I'm totally wiped).

But I'm so tired that I can't make up my mind by myself: where should I
go first? Un'Goro Crater? Searing Gorge? Blasted Lands? Western
Plaguelands? Azshara? Felwood?

Thank you in advance for your comprehensive answer about how to have
fun in a new level 48 area within two hours of playing :)

Miles

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2004

Babe Bridou wrote:
> But I'm so tired that I can't make up my mind by myself: where should I
> go first? Un'Goro Crater? Searing Gorge? Blasted Lands? Western
> Plaguelands? Azshara? Felwood?

I'd say definitely Un'Goro crater... there's enough there to keep you
busy until the mid-50's, plus it's got a certain cool factor with all
the giant dinosaurs running around...

Just watch out for the HUGE elite dinosaurs that can chomp you in
half with one bite... don't know how they manage it, but they often
manage to just sneak up on you from behind...

Alex a écrit :
> > Just watch out for the HUGE elite dinosaurs that can chomp you in
> > half with one bite... don't know how they manage it, but they often
> > manage to just sneak up on you from behind...

> Dino slippers. Must be ;-)

*shivers* are you sure this is... safe?

Yes and...sort of.

You do a quest for the guy in the back of the cave up in Marshall's
Refuge and he tells you how to use them. Once that's done, 10 each of
the red & yellow crystals make 6 Crystal Bombs (~500 AoE fire damage)
and 10 each of the blue & green crystals make 6 Crystals that buff
Spirit. The other combinations are of various usefulness. Some of the
resulting Crystals are used for the Libram quests later on, so everyone
should do that quest.

Regards,
Noal

--
Dharzhak - Night Elf Druid (60) on Stormrage [PvE]

> Don't avoid them, find the elite dinosaurs! Devilsaur leather!
> Devilsaur set!
>
> Xanex....UndeadRogueazon, and send them to your favorite rogue :)

....and feral druid. ;-) I have the set. It's very nice. :-D

btw, has anyone else from the old D2 days, besides us, made it over to
WoW yet, u?

Regards,
Noal

--

"Babe Bridou" <babebridou@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Alex a écrit :
> > Just watch out for the HUGE elite dinosaurs that can chomp you in
> > half with one bite... don't know how they manage it, but they often
> > manage to just sneak up on you from behind...

> Dino slippers. Must be ;-)

> *shivers* are you sure this is... safe?

Yes it's safe... perfectly safe.

btw: those giant sneaky dinos are called "Devilsaurs", and if one does get
on your tail, just start running.

And by running, I mean be on a horse already - if you're on foot, you die.

And by "on a horse", I mean duck and dodge around trees, because he will
keep up if you just simply run in a straight line.

Ungoro Crater is probably the best. Azshara is probably not bad either
(any zone with 3 headed sea monsters that look like orange King
Ghidora's is ok by me!).

Those other zones are filled with vile wretched Alliance. Even the
Bullwark is overrun with the nasty buggers! (now that Honor gangs are
rampant on PvP servers).

I've also heard that Maraudon is an instance players run over and over
'til the cows come home.

MindsEye

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2004

"gaf1234567890" <gaf1234567890@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Ungoro Crater is probably the best. Azshara is probably not bad either
> (any zone with 3 headed sea monsters that look like orange King
> Ghidora's is ok by me!).
>
> Those other zones are filled with vile wretched Alliance. Even the
> Bullwark is overrun with the nasty buggers! (now that Honor gangs are
> rampant on PvP servers).
>
> I've also heard that Maraudon is an instance players run over and over
> 'til the cows come home.

THERE IS NO COW LEVEL. :3

-[Blayde]-
It had to be said.

"Miles" <miles_f@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Babe Bridou wrote:
>> But I'm so tired that I can't make up my mind by myself: where should I
>> go first? Un'Goro Crater? Searing Gorge? Blasted Lands? Western
>> Plaguelands? Azshara? Felwood?
>
> I'd say definitely Un'Goro crater... there's enough there to keep you
> busy until the mid-50's, plus it's got a certain cool factor with all
> the giant dinosaurs running around...
>
> Just watch out for the HUGE elite dinosaurs that can chomp you in
> half with one bite... don't know how they manage it, but they often
> manage to just sneak up on you from behind...

btw, now that we have you terrified of the Devilsaurs (and their
PARTICULARLY nasty boss King Mosh), might I recommend that your first two
quests be the ones to collect the various colored power crystals (7 of each
color) and the Bloodsprouts that grow throughout (20 of those). You can
collect them first and THEN find the quest giver at Marshall's Refuge
(Un'Goro is a big circle, if it was a clock then M.R. would be located at 12
o'clock) for both of those quests. One is a big Kodo in front of a cave,
the other is a gnome inside the cave. The gnome will then send you on an
additional 3 quests to find some towers (located at 1 o'clock, 4 o'clock,
and 9 o'clock).

None of these quests involve killing anything, only avoiding nasty level
50-55 monsters. You can rack up over 10k in experience just by doing these
easily solable quests that should only take you under 90 minutes to complete
from start to finish.

Xanex....UndeadRogueazon, most of the other quests in Un'Goro involve
killing level 51+ creatures.

"Everett Hickey" <everett@ev1.net> wrote in message
> "Babe Bridou" <babebridou@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> Alex a écrit :
>> > Just watch out for the HUGE elite dinosaurs that can chomp you in
>> > half with one bite... don't know how they manage it, but they often
>> > manage to just sneak up on you from behind...

>> Dino slippers. Must be ;-)
>
>> *shivers* are you sure this is... safe?
>

> Yes it's safe... perfectly safe.
>
> btw: those giant sneaky dinos are called "Devilsaurs", and if one does get
> on your tail, just start running.
>
> And by running, I mean be on a horse already - if you're on foot, you die.
>
> And by "on a horse", I mean duck and dodge around trees, because he will
> keep up if you just simply run in a straight line.

alex

In article <d5ob75$a0b$1@gnus01.u.washington.edu>,
"mindseye" <mindseye@u.washington.edu> wrote:

> "gaf1234567890" <gaf1234567890@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Ungoro Crater is probably the best. Azshara is probably not bad either
> > (any zone with 3 headed sea monsters that look like orange King
> > Ghidora's is ok by me!).
> >
> > Those other zones are filled with vile wretched Alliance. Even the
> > Bullwark is overrun with the nasty buggers! (now that Honor gangs are
> > rampant on PvP servers).
> >
> > I've also heard that Maraudon is an instance players run over and over
> > 'til the cows come home.
> >

> THERE IS NO COW LEVEL. :3

Unless you're playing a Tauran. Then every level is a cow level. }:3

--
Joe Claffey | "Make no small plans."
indianajoe3@comcast.net | -- Daniel Burnham

Miles wrote:
> Babe Bridou wrote:
>
>> But I'm so tired that I can't make up my mind by myself: where should I
>> go first? Un'Goro Crater? Searing Gorge? Blasted Lands? Western
>> Plaguelands? Azshara? Felwood?
>

> I'd say definitely Un'Goro crater... there's enough there to keep you
> busy until the mid-50's, plus it's got a certain cool factor with all
> the giant dinosaurs running around...
>
> Just watch out for the HUGE elite dinosaurs that can chomp you in
> half with one bite... don't know how they manage it, but they often
> manage to just sneak up on you from behind...

So I was wandering into Un'Goro crater ( lvl 44 hunter, a bit too low ).
I saw these yellow and red crystals at the base of some trees. Took some
with me an no vendor would pay money for them. Are they part of a
quest? Or reagents for crafting?

Ok, avoid the demonsaur, wash the Moss Queen Posh, get to Sheriff's
Haven at noon, big kodo in front of cave, check, find the dungeons for
the goblins.

Kill elites, and collect diamonds. Hope I got these right.

Firing the game up as we speak, thanks for the input :p

u wrote:

> btw, now that we have you terrified of the Devilsaurs (and their
> PARTICULARLY nasty boss King Mosh), might I recommend that your first two
> quests be the ones to collect the various colored power crystals (7 of each
> color) and the Bloodsprouts that grow throughout (20 of those). You can
> collect them first and THEN find the quest giver at Marshall's Refuge
> (Un'Goro is a big circle, if it was a clock then M.R. would be located at 12
> o'clock) for both of those quests. One is a big Kodo in front of a cave,
> the other is a gnome inside the cave. The gnome will then send you on an
> additional 3 quests to find some towers (located at 1 o'clock, 4 o'clock,
> and 9 o'clock).
>
> None of these quests involve killing anything, only avoiding nasty level
> 50-55 monsters. You can rack up over 10k in experience just by doing these
> easily solable quests that should only take you under 90 minutes to complete
> from start to finish.
>
> Xanex....UndeadRogueazon, most of the other quests in Un'Goro involve
> killing level 51+ creatures.
>

> "Everett Hickey" <everett@ev1.net> wrote in message
>
>>"Babe Bridou" <babebridou@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>>Dino slippers. Must be ;-)
>>
>>>*shivers* are you sure this is... safe?
>>

>>Yes it's safe... perfectly safe.
>>
>>btw: those giant sneaky dinos are called "Devilsaurs", and if one does get
>>on your tail, just start running.
>>
>>And by running, I mean be on a horse already - if you're on foot, you die.
>>
>>And by "on a horse", I mean duck and dodge around trees, because he will
>>keep up if you just simply run in a straight line.

NO! eat the crystals, mosh with the devilsaurs at noon, run over gnome with
a Kodo, sleep with Annette Haven. Honestly, how more detailed do I have to
be?

Xanex...UndeadRogueazon, next you'll want me to play the game for you.

"u" <u@mail.com> wrote in message news:d5o9b4$j4l$1@domitilla.aioe.org...
> NO! eat the crystals, mosh with the devilsaurs at noon, run over gnome
with
> a Kodo, sleep with Annette Haven. Honestly, how more detailed do I have
> be?
>
> Xanex...UndeadRogueazon, next you'll want me to play the game for you.

THERE's a business idea...

It's illegal (gamewise) to sell gold or items in-game... and it's illegal
to sell accounts.

BUT... is it illegal (again, gamewise) for someone to be paid to play on
someone's account to level them up? eh? eh?

IE you pay say $1500 for someone to level your miserable character up from
22 to 60, and snag you some nice loot along the way... but nothing changes
hands (except a login/password, and money). The only difference is that
someone else is playing for a while.

Yes! It could work! It could... if you can find some truly stupid but lazy
people with money. As we all well know, no one actually has capital to
spend unless they're industrious and freighteningly intelligent.

dharzhak@my-deja.com wrote:

>>Don't avoid them, find the elite dinosaurs! Devilsaur leather!
>> Devilsaur set!
>>
>>Xanex....UndeadRogueazon, and send them to your favorite rogue :)
>

> ...and feral druid. ;-) I have the set. It's very nice. :-D
>
> btw, has anyone else from the old D2 days, besides us, made it over to
> WoW yet, u?
>
> Regards,
> Noal
>
> --
> Dharzhak - Night Elf Druid (60) on Stormrage [PvE]

*Raises hand*

we have at least a dozen regulars from agd2 who post her
frequently/infrequently and i bet a bunch more that are too busy leveling
their WoW character to post here.

Xanex....UndeadRogueazon, most kept their sigs, you'll recognize them.

> dharzhak@my-deja.com wrote:
>
>>>Don't avoid them, find the elite dinosaurs! Devilsaur leather!
>>> Devilsaur set!
>>>
>>>Xanex....UndeadRogueazon, and send them to your favorite rogue :)
>>

>> ...and feral druid. ;-) I have the set. It's very nice. :-D
>>
>> btw, has anyone else from the old D2 days, besides us, made it over to
>> WoW yet, u?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Noal
>>
>> --
>> Dharzhak - Night Elf Druid (60) on Stormrage [PvE]
>>

> *Raises hand*

Ok. I'm just sheathing my spiritual smite hammer from the brains of a
level 52 terrorsaur (or whatever those fearing horrors are called) (and
a level 60 alliance warrior's head too, gosh some people, when I /wave
or /wait, it's clearly because I don't want to fight, not that I'm
afraid or anything)

Anyway, I was surprised to see most of the quests you described as...
grey. Noclickers. I don't know where to deliver those crystals. Must
have missed something.

u wrote:

> NO! eat the crystals, mosh with the devilsaurs at noon, run over gnome with
> a Kodo, sleep with Annette Haven. Honestly, how more detailed do I have to
> be?
>
> Xanex...UndeadRogueazon, next you'll want me to play the game for you.
>

> "Babe Bridou" <babebridou@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Ok, avoid the demonsaur, wash the Moss Queen Posh, get to Sheriff's Haven
>>at noon, big kodo in front of cave, check, find the dungeons for the
>>goblins.
>>
>>Kill elites, and collect diamonds. Hope I got these right.
>>
>>Firing the game up as we speak, thanks for the input :p
>>
>>u wrote:
>>

>>>btw, now that we have you terrified of the Devilsaurs (and their
>>>PARTICULARLY nasty boss King Mosh), might I recommend that your first two
>>>quests be the ones to collect the various colored power crystals (7 of
>>>each color) and the Bloodsprouts that grow throughout (20 of those). You
>>>can collect them first and THEN find the quest giver at Marshall's Refuge
>>>(Un'Goro is a big circle, if it was a clock then M.R. would be located at
>>>12 o'clock) for both of those quests. One is a big Kodo in front of a
>>>cave, the other is a gnome inside the cave. The gnome will then send you
>>>on an additional 3 quests to find some towers (located at 1 o'clock, 4
>>>o'clock, and 9 o'clock).
>>>
>>>None of these quests involve killing anything, only avoiding nasty level
>>>50-55 monsters. You can rack up over 10k in experience just by doing
>>>these easily solable quests that should only take you under 90 minutes to
>>>complete from start to finish.
>>>
>>>Xanex....UndeadRogueazon, most of the other quests in Un'Goro involve
>>>killing level 51+ creatures.
>>>

>>>"Everett Hickey" <everett@ev1.net> wrote in message

the 7 crystals of each of the 4 colors is a quest from the gnome J.D. Collie
who is in the very very very back of the cave at Marshall's Refuge. The
quest is attainable at level 47 so you shouldn't be getting a silver
exclamation point for that one. Same level requirement for the Kodo named
Dadanga in front of the cave. Give her 15 sprouts and you'll get back a
care package of goodies if you are at least level 47.

Xanex.....UndeadRogueazon, still having problems?

"u" <u@mail.com> wrote in message news:d5ojla$eob$1@domitilla.aioe.org...
> the 7 crystals of each of the 4 colors is a quest from the gnome J.D.
Collie
> who is in the very very very back of the cave at Marshall's Refuge. The
> quest is attainable at level 47 so you shouldn't be getting a silver
> exclamation point for that one. Same level requirement for the Kodo named
> Dadanga in front of the cave. Give her 15 sprouts and you'll get back a
> care package of goodies if you are at least level 47.

I never did see the value of that whole sprout quest. Did it once, got some
food, etc, and minor exp. Did it twice, same thing but no exp.

However, it takes some work to round up 15 sprouts - especially if you're
under-level (I first came there at about level 48 - I think Ungoro at 48 was
the scariest place I've been in since accidentally slipping off a mountain
peak in the Barrens and finding myself in the middle of Dustwallow in my mid
20's).

So what's the value in this quest? Or are you mentioning it so he can jump
through every hoop?

In article <1115649801.746562.233760@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
"Babe Bridou" <babebridou@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I reached level 48 last week

Gah! I'm about to be passed by babe -- oh, the embarrassment! ;)

Nabuu -- lvl 48 casual gamer <G>

--
Nabuu, Tauren druid on Dethecus.
Also (rarely):

Nabuu wrote:
> In article <1115649801.746562.233760@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
> "Babe Bridou" <babebridou@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>I reached level 48 last week
>

> Gah! I'm about to be passed by babe -- oh, the embarrassment! ;)
>
> Nabuu -- lvl 48 casual gamer <G>

Hehe, Nabuu, don't worry, I still need to kill 513 mobs to overtake you!

....512 now ;)

u wrote:

> Xanex.....UndeadRogueazon, still having problems?

I finally sorted it out. Thanks for the hints, u.

I have to say that you weren't lying about the scary part, when that
Devilsaur Tyrant appeared in the distance, I ran like hell, only to see
it getting closer and closer... and eventually the giant monster turned
back for a relief on the blood pressure...

I'm happy as hell to fly to the cow level to deliver the Un'Goro soil.
I've read somewhere that these are parts of the morrowgrain reputation
series, and I'm not utterly desperate to reach exalted with Thunder
Bluff some day (a bit delusional, at most :p) and have a go at Kodo
riding with my Troll.

....yeah, yeah, I know, it will be long, and hard, and long... :)

I don't know, I would love to tackle [XX] sleep with Annette Haven
quest even if I'm a bit on low level side. Is this a repeatable quests?