perplexityx

Honorable
May 6, 2012
AMD PHENOM II X6 1100T Processor 3.30GHZ
16.0 GIG Ram
GeForce GTX 550 Ti 4095MB vid ram
1 Terabyte HDD
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
ASUS M5A99X EVO AM3+ AMD 990X SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

Price - $500

Couple requirements for the computer:

Capable to Dual Monitor
Run Guild Wars 2 max settings at Hi res and Good FPS

triplej

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
I wouldn't buy that computer for gaming.

If you don't want to overclock, and are trying to save money but have it last a while, you could buy the i5-2400, 8 gb memory, gtx 560 ti. If you want to do a little better, the i5-2500k and the gtx 570/580.

I doubt you'll need 16 GB ram unless you specifically know you do. I'm on an i5-2400, 3 GB ram, dual monitor display for work (legal/ms office programs) and it never lags. My gaming computer is on 8 GB ram and I've never seen it go past 4.5 unless I'm messing with virtual machines.

Couple of points:
1. 16GB of RAM might be overkill for most people. 8GB is the sweet spot these days in terms of requirements and price.
2. Phenom 1100T, while a capable CPU, is probably not the best for high-FPS gaming. AMD processors often hold back the graphic cards, which is a shame. You'll be better served by a lower-end Core i5 that despite its multiplier lock, serves very good frames.

imonlymyself

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012

1. as he states, 8gb of ram is plenty for gaming.
2. as he states amd sucks for fps & gaming, go i5 intel

zyzz

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
16GB is overkill why would you need that???

My computer has 4GB ram and I have 0 problems. When I upgrade I will get 8GB and that is plenty.

Also AMD Sucks. Intel has shown to be better on everything.

perplexityx

Honorable
May 6, 2012

Why are you quoting something that doesnt answer the question.

*Will it max Guild Wars 2 at high res with smooth FPS?

*Is the price accurate on the computer?

you are under the assumption I am building this computer myself. I agree 16gb ram is overkill. I didnt build this computer a coworker/friend did. I am just asking if this will meet what I want to do with the computer. If I had the time/money then sure I would love to build my own and customize it to exactly what I want it to do. But im not asking that.

perplexityx

Honorable
May 6, 2012

So I should avoid this computer at all costs because its AMD? regardless if it does meet what I want to do? AGAIN if I wanted to change someone on the computer then I would but it is prebuilt. I didnt pick these parts

perplexityx

Honorable
May 6, 2012

LOL? I am asking 2 very straight forward questions. But you are bashing the prebuilt computer as if I made it myself.

zyzz

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012

why don't you build it yourself. It's cheaper and better.

Where are you buying this prebuilt from anyway?

perplexityx

Honorable
May 6, 2012

I am buying this computer from a coworker who is going to the navy and just wont be able to use it. If this is a good deal and will be able to fullfill my requirements then I want to jump on this. Of course I would love to build my own, but with what people have been quoting its gonna be 7-850 to get to what I want to do. And if a PC a friend is selling at 500 can do the same, then I want to get it. I am not too knowledgeable with brands and I see AMD gets a lot of hate. There is NOTHING i can do to change how this is built. All I can do is buy it how it is and thats why I am asking you more knowledgeable people if its worth the price and can do what I want it to do

This computer is not worth $500 as a gaming build. The graphics is not good enough for that price.

The AMD CPUs such as the 1090T are better for highly threaded work than they are for gaming. However, they are good enough for gaming up until a Radeon 6870 or Radeon 6950. Going beyond those two cards will show how the AMD CPUs can provide bottlenecks. However, whether or not an AMD CPU is viable varies widely between games at different resolutions and quality settings and AA. Intel is generally better for gaming, but sometimes AMD is just as good. However, there are not many times at all where AMD is better. That is where most of the hate comes from. For high end gaming machines, Intel is almost a necessity.

imonlymyself

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012

yeh i know, im back. couldnt resist. since you dont understand what we meant by what we said. I'll put it in terms you may understand. for $500 that is a PIECE OFCRAP. or try this term, WASTE OF MONEY. i put up 2 links of rigs that are far, FAR better for only 300 bones more

You don't know what you're talking about nearly as well as you think that you do. If the price is simply dropped by $60 to $100, then it's a decent build for the money. The AMD 1100T is not slow enough to bottleneck the GTX 550 TI at all. It's not even a piece of crap for the money, just not optimal.

The point of this seems to not be an expensive computer. If you want to be a fail of a high end elitist, then please, don't bother someone for not wanting to spend that much money.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227410

This machine would have nearly identical gaming performance to the machine listed by the OP. That's an even worse deal. The 7750 and the GTX 550 TI are similarly performing graphics cards.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227383

This one is a moderate improvement over the machine listed by the OP. Definitely also not worth the money. The CPU in this computer is even slower than the CPU from the machine listed by the OP and the graphics is only one tier above that machine.

zyzz

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
Guild Wars 2 graphics are not very impressive lol.

You want games to look at graphics... BF3, Skyrim, Metro 2033, etc those are good benchmark tests.

Like I said I would spend decent money so it LASTS.

My current computer is 5 years old and has lasted. Now slowly, slowly newer games I have to run at medium or medium/low for high FPS.

Spend $800, which is cheaper than when I bought this computer, for something than can run everything on HIGH some ULTRA.

perplexityx

Honorable
May 6, 2012

I feel like if im going to shell out 800 dollars for a computer. I would rather it be my own build. Dont get me wrong I am trying to take the easy way out here, but I dont want to jump on this and be dissappointed that it cant max Guild Wars 2

perplexityx

Honorable
May 6, 2012

I know those games are good benchmark tests but I dont play those games. Guild Wars 2 would be the most graphically/FPS related game I would play. Along side League of Legends and Diablo 3.

zyzz

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
don't be dumb and buy a prebuilt.

I have built my last 3 computers, but I have bought prebuilts as well.

Computers have significantly dropped in price the last 5 years.

You can buy something now for $800-$900 that can max everything game. Only somethings can't be at ultra if you use super high resolution.

This computer I bought 5 years ago could run all games on high, not max, but high. Not the highest resolution either. It was about $1200 after taxes.