Your question

Best mechanical keyboard

Tags:
  • Keyboards
  • Razer
  • Components
Last response: in Components
November 6, 2012 9:54:25 PM

i cant find a mechanical keyboard that i like, my price range is 150 bucks or less, it has to have backlit keys, and i would like it to have a wrist rest, and i would like it to have the mx brown or blue key switches. i really liked the razer blackwidow ultimate 2013 when i tried it out at a store but i hear that it isnt very good quality, but i could be wrong. what would you recommend?

More about : mechanical keyboard

November 6, 2012 10:49:33 PM

How about the Steelseries 7G?
http://steelseries.com/products/keyboards/steelseries-7...
It has an attachable/detachable wrist rest. Don't know if it has blue or brown key switches neither do i think it has back lit keys. My friend has one though
and it is AMAZINGLY comfortable to use.
m
l
Related resources
November 6, 2012 11:10:48 PM

"I love it" and "going to buy it soon" is not really fair to coexist in the same sentence.
m
l
November 6, 2012 11:13:59 PM

gcb said:
"I love it" and "going to buy it soon" is not really fair to coexist in the same sentence.
why not i have a buddy who has it i used it when i watched his house for him while he was out of town and i loved it I personally prefer mechanical keyboards, but not everyone does.

For me, the Ducky Shining takes the cake - Backlit in red/green/blue/white, comes in red/brown/black/blue switches.

From there I would look at Deck Legend boards, Filcos, and the BW.

m
l
November 6, 2012 11:21:29 PM

I have the DasKeyboard Ultimate and Silent and had the BWU. They are not backlight but do support Full Roll Over where as the Black Widow Ultimate does not. If you want some backlits that are nice I would reccomend Filco or Ducky's keyboards. But stay away from Razer, from my time with their products they are usually of cheapy quality, bad customer service (they refused to replace a Carcharias headset I bought which came with a torn cable.)
Das would be nice but the alternatives I said are cheaper and have backlit keyboards.
m
l
November 6, 2012 11:32:30 PM

i would like a ducky keyboard, but i cant find any in canada. and i dont want to ship one from another country, to complicated. how is the das keyboard professional s? i guess it doesnt have to be backlit.
m
l
December 6, 2012 6:36:14 AM

fair enough. assumed you were commenting from reading reviews or something :)  my bad.

myself, i'm hooked on the microsoft natual keyboards too much to go back to flats even if mechanical... the keys suck on my keboard, all the noise from mechanical, none of the key support for the hands... but it's overal comfortable and i'm sold.

i'd kill for one with mechanical switches though... but unless i make one, i'm not counting on finding one for sale anytime.
m
l
December 6, 2012 6:48:58 AM

DAS keyboards are REALLY good.

m
l
December 7, 2012 2:21:57 AM

Linear Switch: Cherry MX Black

Actuation Force: 60cN
Cherry Black switches were one of the first mechanical keyboard switches availble to the general public. They are linear, or non-tactile, switches as there is no loud click or bump felt when a key is depressed. Many gamers prefer these because of the smooth feel and the fact that the actuation and release points are at the exact same position, making double tapping easier than other switches. When gaming a tactile bump doesn’t often help since gamers tend to bottom out on the keys. Due to the lack of a bump, most people don’t prefer the black switches for typing.

Light Tactile Switch: Cherry MX Brown

Actuation Force: 55cN
The Cherry Brown switches are about halfway between a typing and a gaming switch. Some people prefer them for gaming since it enables you to double tap faster. Unlike the black switches, the browns have a soft, tactile bump about half way through the key press. The MX Brown switches have a softer click when depressed and require less force to actuate than the blue switches. The Das Keyboard silent series utilizes Cherry MX Brown switches.

Clicky Switch: Cherry MX Blue

Actuation Force: 60cN
The blue switches are considered to be the best switch for typing because they have a “clicky” tactile bump when the activation point is hit. While many people prefer them for gaming, it is not as easy to double tap as other switches since the release point is above the actuation point. The standard “clicky” versions of Das Keyboards utilize Cherry MX Blue switches.

Linear Switch: Cherry MX Red

Actuation Force: 45cN
Cherry Red switches are similar to the Cherry MX Blacks in that they are non-tactile. They require less force to actuate than the Cherry MX Blacks. Most people do not like these switches for typing or gaming because it is so easy to accidentally press keys and make typing errors. These switches are very difficult to find and considered to be obsolete because so few people like them.

Here are some reviews of common keyboards:
Razer Black Widow Ultamate 2013 Elite
AZIO LeveTron Mech 5
Corsair K90

Note: I Did Not Write All Of This
m
l
!