Coolermaster HAF 12 VS COOLERMASTER STORM ENFORCER

Which case is better? I'm going toward the enforcer due to usb 3.0
52 answers Last reply
More about coolermaster coolermaster storm enforcer
  1. A bit subjective, the HAF 12 has been quite popular for sometime but the usb 3.0 is nice. But is it worth almost twice the price? $50 vs $90 shipped? That's up to you.
  2. abbadon_34 said:
    A bit subjective, the HAF 12 has been quite popular for sometime but the usb 3.0 is nice. But is it worth almost twice the price? $50 vs $90 shipped? That's up to you.


    My total was $75 total for enforcer and 64 for haf 12
  3. i was looking at newegg is $49.99 after rebate with free shipping vs $85 + $5 shipping

    so $25 difference when you shop around

    or if you need one you could get 3.0 card reader with 3.0 passthru with the $$$ difference

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007766%20600148671%20600031470&IsNodeId=1&name=Internal&Order=PRICE&Pagesize=20
  4. abbadon_34 said:
    i was looking at newegg is $49.99 after rebate with free shipping vs $85 + $5 shipping

    so $25 difference when you shop around


    Is enforcer worth the bang fir buck
  5. That a matter of opinion and circumstance, to me no, but I'm not your average user, who would probably prioritizes convenience and doesn't have a shelf full of random parts
  6. I wouldn't spend more on the Storm Enforcer. It might be a better case, but with the HAF 912 going for $50, there's not much good reason to skip the HAF 912 over for the more expensive Storm Enforcer AFAIK. It's difficult to quantify bang for your buck with cases IMO.
  7. In my opinion the storm enforcer is basically a 912 but with a side panel, different looks, black interior, and just costs some more, i would stick with the 912
  8. completelyrandomname said:
    In my opinion the storm enforcer is basically a 912 but with a side panel, different looks, black interior, and just costs some more, i would stick with the 912


    What about uab2.0/3.0 difference
  9. you don't HAVE to use the front panel...i can't say i've ever hook one up, at least for myself
  10. blazorthon said:
    I wouldn't spend more on the Storm Enforcer. It might be a better case, but with the HAF 912 going for $50, there's not much good reason to skip the HAF 912 over for the more expensive Storm Enforcer AFAIK. It's difficult to quantify bang for your buck with cases IMO.


    Hey can you look at the list u i gave abbadon and let me know
  11. oh man....the list just doubled, this is worse than watching the election results...

    If you're still hung up on the 3.0 ports at this point get the Enforcer and call it a night. The Storm Scout is for LAN parties, which I'm guessing you would have picked already if you did them.

    Personally I just an gut an old case and reuse. If I buy for myself it's the cheapest case with biggest number of slots and space.
  12. The HAF 912 is a lil more rugged then the enforcer. I just built 1 of each. Plus the door on the enforcer is plastic which would make it easy to break off if not careful. Meaning if you have kids around. If you pretty handy with tools you can always cut and put a window on the HAF 912.

  13. Azteck said:
    The HAF 912 is a lil more rugged then the enforcer. I just built 1 of each. Plus the door on the enforcer is plastic which would make it easy to break off if not careful. Meaning if you have kids around. If you pretty handy with tools you can always cut and put a window on the HAF 912.
    http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh51/aztecknight77/Custom%20Computer%20Mods/IMG_2207.jpg


    So thats a haf 12? Is it defualt blue led in front? And also is there plug in ssd so i dont have to worry about converting thx! For e pic
  14. Those are 4" cold cathose lights I put in it. You can also put a blue lighted fan there instead. Front will take 200mm fan or 2 120mm fans
  15. The haf I cut a window int it. The enforcer I cut and put a screen in the claw marks on the side.
  16. at right side of window there is a small black box. That is where you would put ssd drive in.
  17. Azteck said:
    at right side of window there is a small black box. That is where you would put ssd drive in.
    http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh51/aztecknight77/Custom%20Computer%20Mods/IMG_2206.jpg


    So whoch one do you have the enforcer or haf 912
  18. These are just PCs I build for ppl. Out of the 2 I would say the HAF 912.
    My personal PC is the HAF 942 or HAF x they call it also.
    Now this is a very tall case.
    I do a lot of modding on PCs.
    This 1 I cut a bigger window and put another window on the other side.


  19. Azteck said:
    These are just PCs I build for ppl. Out of the 2 I would say the HAF 912.
    My personal PC is the HAF 942 or HAF x they call it also.
    Now this is a very tall case.
    I do a lot of modding on PCs.
    This 1 I cut a bigger window and put another window on the other side.
    http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh51/aztecknight77/Custom%20Computer%20Mods/IMAG0579.jpg
    http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh51/aztecknight77/Custom%20Computer%20Mods/IMG_2352.jpg
    http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh51/aztecknight77/Custom%20Computer%20Mods/IMG_2283.jpg


    I like the haf but the usb 3.0 is really buying me over and plus since my mobo supports it lol
  20. (:
  21. well if your board has usb 3.0 on back u most likely won't use the 3.0 in front.
    My board has usb 3.0 in back which I use for external hard drive and has ports to use for front but case dont have adapter for it.
    But if you want enforcer get it. In the end it is what ever you will be happy with. Both case are nice just depends on what you want.
  22. Azteck said:
    well if your board has usb 3.0 on back u most likely won't use the 3.0 in front.
    My board has usb 3.0 in back which I use for external hard drive and has ports to use for front but case dont have adapter for it.
    But if you want enforcer get it. In the end it is what ever you will be happy with. Both case are nice just depends on what you want.


    Is the enforcer build good? Not flimsy? Steel like haf 912
  23. the frame is the exact same as the HAF 912. What is different is the front and the side panels. Like I said the door is plastic and can break, didn't feel real sturdy.
    If door was left open and someone was to bump into it good, it could possible break.
  24. Azteck said:
    the frame is the exact same as the HAF 912. What is different is the front and the side panels. Like I said the door is plastic and can break, didn't feel real sturdy.
    If door was left open and someone was to bump into it good, it could possible break.


    Its gonna be under a desk lol cant seee how someone will kick it. Also the side panel is flimsy? And newegg stated that the hinges are steel enforeced
  25. Door panels are not bad, as far as front door it is just medal onto plastic.
    Had a case one time that had a door and daughter didn't pay attention had hit it with her chin and pushed door to far back and snapped the pin right off the door.
    But since yours is under desk should be fine.
  26. hbeduryan818 said:
    Its gonna be under a desk lol cant seee how someone will kick it. Also the side panel is flimsy? And newegg stated that the hinges are steel enforeced


    That's the number one place things get kicked, and as far the steel enforced hinges, hah! Any extra part like that has a short life span. A lot of time they just taken off and forgotten
  27. abbadon_34 said:
    That's the number one place things get kicked, and as far the steel enforced hinges, hah! Any extra part like that has a short life span. A lot of time they just taken off and forgotten


    Is it possible to remove the door?
  28. It looks ugly with out the door.
  29. usually too easy, most of the plastic part just snap on and off, until they break off. can't they for this specific model, but general that's how it goes. I rarely see cases one year later with all their fancy plastic. #1 The plastic that covers all the optical drives and memory slot. Alway open close open close, then left open, the broken/take off. Plus every time you eject an optical drive without the cover open it has to push through.
  30. Azteck said:
    It looks ugly with out the door.

    Wat would you give the case out of 10?
  31. Azteck said:
    It looks ugly with out the door.


    Any case design with one looks bad with out, hence my preference for either not getting one, or not caring about aesthetics

    I've had people comments on my multimontors, water cooling, RAID array, server, even surround sound, never case (except when it was a custom cube)
  32. a 6 above average. The door is really light, it is not a thick plastic. It is just a cover.
    Looks like me and abbadon are saying the haf.
    It is a nice case I just don't care for the door. It slid down or up I think that would have been better.
    But like I said it all comes down to you and what will work for you. Sleep on it and if that is what you want still then order it.
  33. abbadon_34 said:
    Any case design with one looks bad with out, hence my preference for either not getting one, or not caring about aesthetics

    I've had people comments on my multimontors, water cooling, RAID array, server, even surround sound, never case (except when it was a custom cube)


    Ok well do you have any other case recomendations with usb 3.0 in that price range
  34. DISCLAIMER: I have never used this

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811822008

    It has water cooling ports (rare, and useful since i have external water cooling) and supports really long gpus, and it's cheap ~$30 +/-

    edit: hmmm...i might actually buy this, don't need it now, but my little brother wants a water cooled build for christmas
  35. didn't see those new ones

    antec 900 and 300 are popular classics, keep in mind mechanical sliding/opening doors are really gimmicky and will break sooner rather than later, if you use them at all. Also the Antecs are normally usb 2.0 unless they say 3.0, so check carefully, theres a good price bump
  36. Ok hbeduryan818 your top 3 only have 1 usb 3.0. the bottom 2 have 2 usb 3.0
    I would get the antec 900 which is the 2nd to the bottom.
    http://www.amazon.com/Antec-Nine-H [...] tower+case
    Those are really good cases for cooling. They have 3 120 mm fans and 1 200mm fan on top. All fans have aswitch to adjust fan speeds.
    I've had 2 of those cases. The 3 120mm fans have blue leds lights.
    This is the same case that newegg has http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021
  37. Azteck said:
    Ok hbeduryan818 your top 3 only have 1 usb 3.0. the bottom 2 have 2 usb 3.0
    I would get the antec 900 which is the 2nd to the bottom.
    http://www.amazon.com/Antec-Nine-H [...] tower+case
    Those are really good cases for cooling. They have 3 120 mm fans and 1 200mm fan on top. All fans have aswitch to adjust fan speeds.
    I've had 2 of those cases. The 3 120mm fans have blue leds lights.
    This is the same case that newegg has http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021


    Is that case good despite the glass?
  38. The only problem with the antec 900 is that there is no SSD mounting slot.
    Now you can get adapters for the SSD
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817994064
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817997010
  39. Azteck said:
    The only problem with the antec 900 is that there is no SSD mounting slot.
    Now you can get adapters for the SSD
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817994064
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817997010


    My ocz says there is a 3.5" adapter
  40. yes the case is good even with the window on the side. side panels are not flimsy. Plus you can put a fan on the side panel.
  41. oh ok if it came with an adapter then even better.
  42. Azteck said:
    yes the case is good even with the window on the side. side panels are not flimsy. Plus you can put a fan on the side panel.


    And people say i need a psu extension?
  43. With a window and you do a good cable management you can make it look really clean inside. Just use zip ties. It can take a few hours or more just installing and doing a clean job inside the case. When your are done you would like the job.
    Here is another system I did. I put a winodw on the side and did a complete paint job and modding on thise case. See how the wires are nicely done.

    http://s253.beta.photobucket.com/user/aztecknight77/media/Custom%20Computer%20Mods/IMAG0700.jpg.html?sort=3&o=51

  44. Show me the motherboard you have and the powersupply
  45. Azteck said:
    Show me the motherboard you have and the powersupply


    Asus m5a99x evo ocz modxstream 700w
  46. This is the adapter that you would need. It is 12" long so you will have plenty.
    This is to run to the 8 pin CPU connection on top of the motherboard.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812706003
Ask a new question

Read More

Cooler Master Cases USB3 Components Product