pstorm

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2011
Hi all,

Currently i own a core 2 duo 8400, 3ghz,4 gigs of ram and a radeon 3870 X2.
I want to play current and new games on high settings eather on my panasonic hd ready plasma or my samung full hd 30 inch monitor.
With my current system i cant play the new games without stutterring and very low fps. Games i wanne play are anno 2070, battefield 3, shogun 2 and some others.Now my question is: Can i play this games on high with good fps
if i only bought a g force 670, or shoud i buy a new sytem to play these games fluedly.
I have a intell ssd in this sytem and the pc is rocksolid, very content of it only problem is i i can not play the current games anymore.
Also would i see a diffrence in games between the 1155 socket or the 2011 socket. Price diffrence between 200 and 300 euros. Is t worth it for only gaming.
Best deal is only replacing the gpu but i am a bit afraid my cpu will bottleneck the gpu enormesly.
So only a new gpu or wait a couple of months and invest in a whole new sytem? Curently i dont have the money for a whole newsytem but within 2 months i will have.

metal orient

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
I think you should be OK for BF3 (in single player anyway) as it doesn't seem to care as long as you have a dual core:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/battlefield-3-graphics-performance,review-32308-13.html

You may find it holding you back in multiplayer though, what is probably best is to buy the gpu now (as you will see immediate differences, lowest you'd want to go is a 560Ti or 6950) and then upgrade the rest in 2 months if you find the CPU is holding you back. Although if that does happen you could overclock it to get some more life out of it.

pstorm

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2011
Ok,

Thank you for your comments,
That is waht i wanted to hear.
I allreadytrhought just replacing my gpu wouldnt do the trick.
I just wait a bit and invest in a new sytem then.

I allready have ssd, harddrives,case powersuply,dvd player,
I just need a new motherboard, new graphic card, memory and procesor.

is the core i 5 3570 k sufficient fr gaming ?

If i can stay under 1000 euros can ihave a great sytem to play the games well.

thank you

Nw333

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012

Id go for an i5-2500K. If you dont plan on OCing though, dont get a K chip :)
But I also consider area51s advice and wait a couple of months, save up and buy a much better gaming rig :)