jeanenry

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
Hello,
this is the best laugh yet. My PC AM2 4400 x2core was crashing consistantly. Took out the graphics card fan, lined with a bean can top cutout onto a plastic fan. No luck. Then I monitored the fan cpu fan speed at 2.2K rpm with temp going over 70c. Then I noticed the AMD sticker was not centered properly relative to the spindle. Peeled it off. Now the fan speed is 2.9K rpm, cpu at 44c. Crazy!!

jeanenry

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012

The fan speed is monitored via Asus Pheonix bios, the fan has 4 connectors, a normal venue now with better motherboards. The silicon heat conduction paste was spread on the heat sink as usual, but this had no effect. Actually a rotation of 2.9K rpm speed would be effected by an off center sticker particularly as it was made of thin metal foil which is heavier than paper. This fact was probably the critical factor. 2.9K is pretty fast relative to fan speeds mentioned in this forum. The bios enables top speed for temps over a critical temp which may be varied by the user. Asus seems to be at the top of the range now vis-a-vie quality. I had thought the board was the problem.