Opinion: easiest class to get to lvl 30-35 ? time wise. I'm a weekend
warrior and don't play much during the week.

other:
Of the 3 classes that can use a bow when can they each use or train for it?
Which class gets trueshot aura? Which class is best for a bow?

--

Taffy is delicious.

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

"flame_thrower" <skankyxwhore400@charter.net> wrote in message
> Opinion: easiest class to get to lvl 30-35 ? time wise. I'm a weekend
> warrior and don't play much during the week.

Rogue or hunter.

> other:
> Of the 3 classes that can use a bow when can they each use or train for
it?
> Which class gets trueshot aura?

Hunter. Can't get until lvl 40 though (and that's if you put all talent
points in Markmanship tree)

>Which class is best for a bow?

Hunter, by a wide, wide, wide, wide margin.

steve wrote:

> "flame_thrower" <skankyxwhore400@charter.net> wrote in message
>
>>Opinion: easiest class to get to lvl 30-35 ? time wise. I'm a weekend
>>warrior and don't play much during the week.
>

> Rogue or hunter.
>

>>other:
>>Of the 3 classes that can use a bow when can they each use or train for
>
> it?
>
>>Which class gets trueshot aura?
>

> Hunter. Can't get until lvl 40 though (and that's if you put all talent
> points in Markmanship tree)
>

>>Which class is best for a bow?
>

> Hunter, by a wide, wide, wide, wide margin.

Steve's right about hunters. On top of that, hunters are really enjoyable.

The first 10 levels were the hardest for me when I tried to play a
hunter (even if it's not harder than other class, warlock was still the
hardest for me at low levels). I stopped at level 25, but they are
really good for a lone wolf player, and I miss mine a bit.

"Babe Bridou" <babebridou@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> steve wrote:
>
>> "flame_thrower" <skankyxwhore400@charter.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>Opinion: easiest class to get to lvl 30-35 ? time wise. I'm a weekend
>>>warrior and don't play much during the week.
>>

>> Rogue or hunter.
>>

>>>other:
>>>Of the 3 classes that can use a bow when can they each use or train for
>>
>> it?
>>
>>>Which class gets trueshot aura?
>>

>> Hunter. Can't get until lvl 40 though (and that's if you put all talent
>> points in Markmanship tree)
>>

>>>Which class is best for a bow?
>>

>> Hunter, by a wide, wide, wide, wide margin.
>>

> Steve's right about hunters. On top of that, hunters are really enjoyable.
>
> The first 10 levels were the hardest for me when I tried to play a hunter
> (even if it's not harder than other class, warlock was still the hardest
> for me at low levels). I stopped at level 25, but they are really good for
> a lone wolf player, and I miss mine a bit.

I've two hunter dwarves. One is 27 the other is 23. 27 is my first char
before my new pc so trades are mining and leatherworking. 23 has tailoring
and skinning. So one can make money and I have lots of inbetween mailing. I
guess I should give my rogue another shot since I only made it to lvl 6 and
kept dying and was experiencing bugs at the time.

> "Babe Bridou" <babebridou@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> steve wrote:
>>
>>> "flame_thrower" <skankyxwhore400@charter.net> wrote in message

>>> Rogue or hunter.

>>> it?

>>> Hunter. Can't get until lvl 40 though (and that's if you put all
>>> talent points in Markmanship tree)

>>> Hunter, by a wide, wide, wide, wide margin.
>>>

>> Steve's right about hunters. On top of that, hunters are really
>> enjoyable.
>>
>> The first 10 levels were the hardest for me when I tried to play a
>> hunter (even if it's not harder than other class, warlock was still
>> the hardest for me at low levels). I stopped at level 25, but they
>> are really good for a lone wolf player, and I miss mine a bit.
>
> I've two hunter dwarves. One is 27 the other is 23. 27 is my first
> char before my new pc so trades are mining and leatherworking. 23 has
> tailoring and skinning. So one can make money and I have lots of
> inbetween mailing. I guess I should give my rogue another shot since
> I only made it to lvl 6 and kept dying and was experiencing bugs at
> the time.

I dig my hunter, level 48 and a half now.

Mostly Marksmanship, bow wielder, wolf for a pet with dash, lots of +agility
and at my current level I'm pulling off 1000+ crits more often than not. All
of a sudden I'm a good choice of player for instances. Funny that.

I was LW/S up until 48 hours ago, ditched all that for Engineering / Mining.
Although I haven't mined a single thing yet. Bought all my Eng stuff from
the AH.

Easily the best class to get to level 30-35 very quickly. Even better if you
team up with a shaman.

--
Moif of Bloodhoof <The Suffering>
http://www.wowrankings.com/viewb.htm?id=27138

MindsEye

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2004

> I dig my hunter, level 48 and a half now.
>
> Mostly Marksmanship, bow wielder, wolf for a pet with dash, lots of
> +agility
> and at my current level I'm pulling off 1000+ crits more often than not.
> All
> of a sudden I'm a good choice of player for instances. Funny that.
>
> I was LW/S up until 48 hours ago, ditched all that for Engineering /
> Mining.
> Although I haven't mined a single thing yet. Bought all my Eng stuff from
> the AH.
>
> Easily the best class to get to level 30-35 very quickly. Even better if
> you
> team up with a shaman.

49 1/2, highly beastmaster spec, high agility, wolf pet. Great for soloing,
and while I don't have quite your damage output, my pet's a small god in
terms of backup tanking in an instance, and I have yet to have a mage that
hasn't thanked me by the end of the run.

'course, it takes some micromanaging.

-[Blayde]-
Still, thinking about a marksmanship respec.....

"Babe Bridou" <babebridou@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> steve wrote:
>
>> "flame_thrower" <skankyxwhore400@charter.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>Opinion: easiest class to get to lvl 30-35 ? time wise. I'm a weekend
>>>warrior and don't play much during the week.
>>

>> Rogue or hunter.
>>

>>>other:
>>>Of the 3 classes that can use a bow when can they each use or train for
>>
>> it?
>>
>>>Which class gets trueshot aura?
>>

>> Hunter. Can't get until lvl 40 though (and that's if you put all talent
>> points in Markmanship tree)
>>

>>>Which class is best for a bow?
>>

>> Hunter, by a wide, wide, wide, wide margin.
>>

> Steve's right about hunters. On top of that, hunters are really enjoyable.
>
> The first 10 levels were the hardest for me when I tried to play a hunter
> (even if it's not harder than other class, warlock was still the hardest
> for me at low levels). I stopped at level 25, but they are really good for
> a lone wolf player, and I miss mine a bit.

hunter is easiest for me I'm at 37 and have yet to group with anyone. I
played an enchanter and a ranger on Dark age of Camelot and the hunter is a
combo of those 2 pretty much so that maybe why it is easy for me.

flame_thrower wrote:
> Opinion: easiest class to get to lvl 30-35 ? time wise. I'm a weekend
> warrior and don't play much during the week.
>
> other:
> Of the 3 classes that can use a bow when can they each use or train for it?
> Which class gets trueshot aura? Which class is best for a bow?

I agree with all the other replies. Hunter by far.
Except that I'm not gonna invest in true shot aura because I don't like
to put 3 points in Hawk Eye just to get it.

Hunters can learn special bow talents. That's why I can't be bothered
with guns.

Put my lvl 37 mage on Ice because of the slow levelling and group spirit :)

If I'm attacked by multiple mobs and I can't win, I send my pet on each
and every one of them while I run for it. Much faster than corpse runs.

So from all character I played, this is the most versatile one and most
capable of solo questing. Great grinding as well.

MindsEye

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2004

> I agree with all the other replies. Hunter by far.
> Except that I'm not gonna invest in true shot aura because I don't like to
> put 3 points in Hawk Eye just to get it.
>
> Hunters can learn special bow talents. That's why I can't be bothered with
> guns.

.....last I checked, all ranged weapon talents were applicable to guns,
crossbows, and bows.

What talents are you referring to?

-[Blayde]-

"mindseye" <mindseye@u.washington.edu> wrote in message
>> I dig my hunter, level 48 and a half now.
>>
>> Mostly Marksmanship, bow wielder, wolf for a pet with dash, lots of
>> +agility
>> and at my current level I'm pulling off 1000+ crits more often than
>> not. All
>> of a sudden I'm a good choice of player for instances. Funny that.
>>
>> I was LW/S up until 48 hours ago, ditched all that for Engineering /
>> Mining.
>> Although I haven't mined a single thing yet. Bought all my Eng stuff
>> from the AH.
>>
>> Easily the best class to get to level 30-35 very quickly. Even
>> better if you
>> team up with a shaman.
>>

> 49 1/2, highly beastmaster spec, high agility, wolf pet. Great for
> soloing, and while I don't have quite your damage output, my pet's a
> small god in terms of backup tanking in an instance, and I have yet
> to have a mage that hasn't thanked me by the end of the run.
>
> 'course, it takes some micromanaging.
>
> -[Blayde]-
> Still, thinking about a marksmanship respec.....

I was all BM up until I actually decided to do some reading around on the
Talents.

Turns out that the only difference I've noticed is that it doesn't take as
long to wipe my pet out. However, as you stated, with decent micromanagement
and a little redistribution of skills and what-goes-where, you've got
yourself a pretty damn good DPS character.

I wet my pants the first time I broke 1000 and it's something like 1 in
every 10 deals a decent blow. Usually it's around 200 - 400. Which is still
nothing to frown at :)

I recommend re-speccing while it's cheap!

--
Moif of Bloodhoof <The Suffering>
http://www.wowrankings.com/viewb.htm?id=27138

On Tue, 10 May 2005 00:38:36 -0400, "flame_thrower"
<skankyxwhore400@charter.net> wrote:

Your other questions have been answered, so I'll just take this one.

>Of the 3 classes that can use a bow when can they each use or train for it?

All weapon skills can be learned from level 1, and costs 10 silver to
obtain.
The only exception is polearm, which cannot be learned untill level 10
(20?) at a cost of 1 gold.

--
Regards
Simon Nejmann

On Tue, 10 May 2005 08:10:24 +0200, Babe Bridou wrote:

> Steve's right about hunters. On top of that, hunters are really enjoyable.

And together with rogues, they have by far the hardest time to get into
raid instances at sixty. Number of reasons for that, though two are that
there just are so many hunters, and that many of them are poorly played in
groups. (I know some excellent hunters, and I like having them around, but
it's usually very hard to talk a group into letting a hunter join in.)

M.

"Michael Vondung" <mvondung@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 10 May 2005 08:10:24 +0200, Babe Bridou wrote:
>
> > Steve's right about hunters. On top of that, hunters are really
enjoyable.

> And together with rogues, they have by far the hardest time to get into
> raid instances at sixty. Number of reasons for that, though two are that
> there just are so many hunters, and that many of them are poorly played in
> groups. (I know some excellent hunters, and I like having them around, but
> it's usually very hard to talk a group into letting a hunter join in.)

I'm a 60 hunter (have been for some time) and have found non-guild pickup
groups at later stages very hard to get an invite. I totally understand it
though.

a) I have a hell of a time getting range distance during fights - backing up
isn't always viable (lest I pull more mobs in) and some rooms are just too
small period. End up meleeing 40% of the time which really hurts my DPS
contribution to the group.

b) My excellent crowd control, Freezing Trap, requires a ridiculous amount
of effort to work in a group. "Hey, I'm gonna CC this mob. But here's the
key - he ain't gonna be CC'd until he runs to this point, so remember that.
Oh yeah, and it's only gonna last 20 seconds as well - if that." etc., etc.
Not much of a substitute for poly, sap, shackle, etc. - though it does work
on any non-boss, rather than jsut beasts or humanoids or undead, etc. -
which is nice.

c) My pet represents 25% of my DPS and 80% of my armor (via tanking), but is
such a danger in instances 90% of the time he sits by my side. On occasion
I'm able to send him off to pull aggro off a cloth class, but... mostly...
he functions akin to a pet mechanical squirrel. Sometimes he makes a decent
CC option by just send him to off-tank and get killed - gives 20 seconds or
so of CC at the cost of 1700 mana and some food following the fight.
Painfully, that's his most valuable contribution.

My guild will happily take me along on any instance runs I show an interest
in but, deep down, I certain I'm the most useless contributor in later
instances despite my best efforts. Not for lack of effort, rather flawed
character design IMO.

On Tue, 10 May 2005 12:35:19 +0200, Azeus
<IFARTINYOURGENERALDIRECTION@MP.com> scribed into the ether:

>flame_thrower wrote:
>> Opinion: easiest class to get to lvl 30-35 ? time wise. I'm a weekend
>> warrior and don't play much during the week.
>>
>> other:
>> Of the 3 classes that can use a bow when can they each use or train for it?
>> Which class gets trueshot aura? Which class is best for a bow?
>>

>I agree with all the other replies. Hunter by far.
>Except that I'm not gonna invest in true shot aura because I don't like
>to put 3 points in Hawk Eye just to get it.

Too bad for you, because Hawk Eye is a great ability. So is Trueshot.

>Hunters can learn special bow talents. That's why I can't be bothered
>with guns.

Every hunter ability works equally well with bows and guns.

Doc

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003

flame_thrower <skankyxwhore400@charter.net> stared blankly into space
for a short while before writing:
> Opinion: easiest class to get to lvl 30-35 ? time wise. I'm a
> weekend warrior and don't play much during the week.

IMO Rogue or hunter, I have alts of each, both lvl 20 or over. I'm
*really* enjoying the Rogue right now:)

> other:
> Of the 3 classes that can use a bow when can they each use or train
> for it? Which class gets trueshot aura? Which class is best for a
> bow?

Hunters get bow as a class skill (as you know:), Warriors and Rogues can
learn bow from a Weaponmaster at level 1 for a cost of (IIRC) 10s.

Hunters get Trueshot, I don't recall the level, but it's fairly high.

Hunter is the *only* class to play if you want to use a bow or gun as
your main weapon. The firing rate for other classes is incredibly slow
and for them, the bow skill is really only useful for pulling.

--
Doc
Save the Earth, it's the only planet with beer...

On Wed, 11 May 2005 08:00:22 +1000, "Doc"
<the.doc.is.in@REMOVETHlSgmail.com> wrote:

>Hunters get bow as a class skill (as you know:), Warriors and Rogues can
>learn bow from a Weaponmaster at level 1 for a cost of (IIRC) 10s.

Not entirely true - dwarven hunters, for example, start out with the
gun skill and have to learn bow from a weaponmaster.

--
Regards
Simon Nejmann

mindseye wrote:
>>I agree with all the other replies. Hunter by far.
>>Except that I'm not gonna invest in true shot aura because I don't like to
>>put 3 points in Hawk Eye just to get it.
>>
>>Hunters can learn special bow talents. That's why I can't be bothered with
>>guns.
>>

> ....last I checked, all ranged weapon talents were applicable to guns,
> crossbows, and bows.
>
> What talents are you referring to?

Aah ok my bad. I never equipped a gun so I asumed some stings and shots
where bow only. Stupid stupid stupid... ( will donate 2 gold to the
first player I meet just to make up for my ignorance on this subject )