6600 - cant delete sms

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Hi there,

I tried to send an sms to 4 recipents, and it came up saying message failed,
4 times.

the messages were in the outbox showing failed, and i could delete 4 of
them, but not the last one.

the remaining messages shows failed, bu i cant delete it, if i try to send
it is says failed, but if i try to delete it it says deferred.

any ideas on how i can remove it as the something waiting to send icon is
showing in the top right hand corner of my screen all the time, thanks.

Karl
4 answers Last reply
More about 6600 delete
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    yeah i had something liek that at the beginning of the week.

    Have you tried turning your phone off, then turning it on again, give it a
    couple of minutes then deleting it?

    "jwoolley" <jordan.woolleyREMOVE@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I tried to send an sms to 4 recipents, and it came up saying message
    > failed,
    > 4 times.
    >

    > the messages were in the outbox showing failed, and i could delete 4 of
    > them, but not the last one.
    >
    > the remaining messages shows failed, bu i cant delete it, if i try to send
    > it is says failed, but if i try to delete it it says deferred.
    >
    > any ideas on how i can remove it as the something waiting to send icon is
    > showing in the top right hand corner of my screen all the time, thanks.
    >
    > Karl

  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    Hi Stuart,

    yeah i tried that loads of times.

    was just wondering if there is a phone manager program i can use on my pc to
    delete the message by bluetooth, or if anyone knows where i can navigate to
    on my phone with fexplorer to delete the sms.

    cheers

    karl

    "Stuart Turrell" <stuartturrell@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > yeah i had something liek that at the beginning of the week.
    >
    > Have you tried turning your phone off, then turning it on again, give it a
    > couple of minutes then deleting it?
    >

    > "jwoolley" <jordan.woolleyREMOVE@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi there,
    > >
    > > I tried to send an sms to 4 recipents, and it came up saying message
    > > failed,
    > > 4 times.
    > >

    > > the messages were in the outbox showing failed, and i could delete 4 of
    > > them, but not the last one.
    > >
    > > the remaining messages shows failed, bu i cant delete it, if i try to
    send
    > > it is says failed, but if i try to delete it it says deferred.
    > >
    > > any ideas on how i can remove it as the something waiting to send icon
    is
    > > showing in the top right hand corner of my screen all the time, thanks.
    > >
    > > Karl

  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    jwoolley wrote:

    > Hi Stuart,
    >
    > yeah i tried that loads of times.
    >
    > was just wondering if there is a phone manager program i can use on my pc to
    > delete the message by bluetooth, or if anyone knows where i can navigate to
    > on my phone with fexplorer to delete the sms.
    >
    > cheers
    >

    > karl
    >

    > "Stuart Turrell" <stuartturrell@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    >
    >>yeah i had something liek that at the beginning of the week.
    >>
    >>Have you tried turning your phone off, then turning it on again, give it a
    >>couple of minutes then deleting it?
    >>

    >>"jwoolley" <jordan.woolleyREMOVE@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Hi there,
    >>>
    >>>I tried to send an sms to 4 recipents, and it came up saying message
    >>>failed,
    >>>4 times.
    >>>

    >>>the messages were in the outbox showing failed, and i could delete 4 of
    >>>them, but not the last one.
    >>>
    >>>the remaining messages shows failed, bu i cant delete it, if i try to
    >
    > send
    >
    >>>it is says failed, but if i try to delete it it says deferred.
    >>>
    >>>any ideas on how i can remove it as the something waiting to send icon
    >
    > is
    >
    >>>showing in the top right hand corner of my screen all the time, thanks.
    >>>
    >>>Karl

    There is a long, tedious process to do that:
    Backup your phone using PC suite.
    Edit \backup\filestore.dat.txt (on the PC) and find the filenames that
    are listed under c:\system\mail\
    open these .dat files with notepad until you see some text you recognize
    from the sms you want to delete.
    That way you will know which file under c:\system\mail\ (on your phone)
    to delete.

    Hope this helps
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    thanks, fixed it by formatting the mmc.

    cheers

    "vortex" <vortex@anywhere.com> wrote in message
    > jwoolley wrote:
    >
    > > Hi Stuart,
    > >
    > > yeah i tried that loads of times.
    > >
    > > was just wondering if there is a phone manager program i can use on my
    pc to
    > > delete the message by bluetooth, or if anyone knows where i can navigate
    > > on my phone with fexplorer to delete the sms.
    > >
    > > cheers
    > >

    > > karl
    > >

    > > "Stuart Turrell" <stuartturrell@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>yeah i had something liek that at the beginning of the week.
    > >>
    > >>Have you tried turning your phone off, then turning it on again, give it
    > >>couple of minutes then deleting it?
    > >>

    > >>"jwoolley" <jordan.woolleyREMOVE@btinternet.com> wrote in message

    > > send

    > > is

    > There is a long, tedious process to do that:
    > Backup your phone using PC suite.
    > Edit \backup\filestore.dat.txt (on the PC) and find the filenames that
    > are listed under c:\system\mail\
    > open these .dat files with notepad until you see some text you recognize
    > from the sms you want to delete.
    > That way you will know which file under c:\system\mail\ (on your phone)
    > to delete.
    >
    > Hope this helps

Nokia Mobile