6600 - cant delete sms

Last response: in Brands
July 6, 2004 10:54:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Hi there,

I tried to send an sms to 4 recipents, and it came up saying message failed,
4 times.

the messages were in the outbox showing failed, and i could delete 4 of
them, but not the last one.

the remaining messages shows failed, bu i cant delete it, if i try to send
it is says failed, but if i try to delete it it says deferred.

any ideas on how i can remove it as the something waiting to send icon is
showing in the top right hand corner of my screen all the time, thanks.

Karl

More about : 6600 delete sms

Anonymous
July 7, 2004 1:12:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

yeah i had something liek that at the beginning of the week.

Have you tried turning your phone off, then turning it on again, give it a
couple of minutes then deleting it?

"jwoolley" <jordan.woolleyREMOVE@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> I tried to send an sms to 4 recipents, and it came up saying message
> failed,
> 4 times.
>

> the messages were in the outbox showing failed, and i could delete 4 of
> them, but not the last one.
>
> the remaining messages shows failed, bu i cant delete it, if i try to send
> it is says failed, but if i try to delete it it says deferred.
>
> any ideas on how i can remove it as the something waiting to send icon is
> showing in the top right hand corner of my screen all the time, thanks.
>
> Karl

Anonymous
July 7, 2004 4:53:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Hi Stuart,

yeah i tried that loads of times.

was just wondering if there is a phone manager program i can use on my pc to
delete the message by bluetooth, or if anyone knows where i can navigate to
on my phone with fexplorer to delete the sms.

cheers

karl

"Stuart Turrell" <stuartturrell@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> yeah i had something liek that at the beginning of the week.
>
> Have you tried turning your phone off, then turning it on again, give it a
> couple of minutes then deleting it?
>

> "jwoolley" <jordan.woolleyREMOVE@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I tried to send an sms to 4 recipents, and it came up saying message
> > failed,
> > 4 times.
> >

> > the messages were in the outbox showing failed, and i could delete 4 of
> > them, but not the last one.
> >
> > the remaining messages shows failed, bu i cant delete it, if i try to
send
> > it is says failed, but if i try to delete it it says deferred.
> >
> > any ideas on how i can remove it as the something waiting to send icon
is
> > showing in the top right hand corner of my screen all the time, thanks.
> >
> > Karl

Related resources
July 12, 2004 10:08:34 PM

jwoolley wrote:

> Hi Stuart,
>
> yeah i tried that loads of times.
>
> was just wondering if there is a phone manager program i can use on my pc to
> delete the message by bluetooth, or if anyone knows where i can navigate to
> on my phone with fexplorer to delete the sms.
>
> cheers
>

> karl
>

> "Stuart Turrell" <stuartturrell@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>>yeah i had something liek that at the beginning of the week.
>>
>>Have you tried turning your phone off, then turning it on again, give it a
>>couple of minutes then deleting it?
>>

>>"jwoolley" <jordan.woolleyREMOVE@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Hi there,
>>>
>>>I tried to send an sms to 4 recipents, and it came up saying message
>>>failed,
>>>4 times.
>>>

>>>the messages were in the outbox showing failed, and i could delete 4 of
>>>them, but not the last one.
>>>
>>>the remaining messages shows failed, bu i cant delete it, if i try to
>
> send
>
>>>it is says failed, but if i try to delete it it says deferred.
>>>
>>>any ideas on how i can remove it as the something waiting to send icon
>
> is
>
>>>showing in the top right hand corner of my screen all the time, thanks.
>>>
>>>Karl

There is a long, tedious process to do that:
Backup your phone using PC suite.
Edit \backup\filestore.dat.txt (on the PC) and find the filenames that
are listed under c:\system\mail\
open these .dat files with notepad until you see some text you recognize
from the sms you want to delete.
That way you will know which file under c:\system\mail\ (on your phone)
to delete.

Hope this helps
Anonymous
July 13, 2004 8:49:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

thanks, fixed it by formatting the mmc.

cheers

!