Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Acer laptop mouse pad shows hourglass fo no reason

Last response: in Windows 7
January 29, 2012 12:49:20 AM

my mouse shows the hourglass off and on all the time , it also sticks in an up and down movement only,( sometimes), and it also jumps around and mixes up the typing. Is this a faulty mousepad or something else?
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
January 29, 2012 2:57:57 PM

Mary Jean said:
my mouse shows the hourglass off and on all the time , it also sticks in an up and down movement only,( sometimes), and it also jumps around and mixes up the typing. Is this a faulty mousepad or something else?

Have task manager running and look for resource with high cpu usage when it happens. Got plenty of memory ?
January 30, 2012 3:19:45 PM

ksiemb said:
Have task manager running and look for resource with high cpu usage when it happens. Got plenty of memory ?

Thanks so much for your answer, task manager and norton both said high cpu usage of firefox. does that mean I need more memory? Mary
Related resources
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
January 30, 2012 4:31:43 PM

Mary Jean said:
Thanks so much for your answer, task manager and norton both said high cpu usage of firefox. does that mean I need more memory? Mary

Norton + Firefox high CPU Usage ?
How much memory do you have ?

Right click My Computer > Properties > General Tab.
January 30, 2012 8:56:02 PM

Hi, my norton anti virus said high cpu usage by firefox and so did the task manager, sorry for the confusion. I have 4 GB of memory. Mary

Best solution

a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
January 30, 2012 9:13:36 PM

Mary Jean said:
Hi, my norton anti virus said high cpu usage by firefox and so did the task manager, sorry for the confusion. I have 4 GB of memory. Mary

I don't know how Norton tells how firefox is using high CPU cycles.
If anything, i is Norton using lots of memory.
I use firefox on 1GB RAM and have no problem with any slowdown.

Can only suggest that you do a Windows system restore, if you know a date before experiencing these slow downs, to restore back to.
January 30, 2012 9:40:19 PM

Thank I will try that, Mary
January 31, 2012 4:58:04 AM

thanks again...seems to have worked. Mary
January 31, 2012 4:58:32 AM

Best answer selected by Mary Jean.
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
January 31, 2012 5:53:46 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
!