Updraging gfx card/memory

outcastz50

Honorable
May 17, 2012
These are my current specs..

Mobo: Asus P5E3 Deluxe.. this is the exact mobo I have.. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131218

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 @3.0 ghz

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX

RAM: 2x 1GB Corsair Dominator 1800 mhz Dual Channel

Power Supply: 750 W

Monitor Res: 1600 x 900
---------------------------

Replacing...

Video Card:
plan to replace with a gtx 550 ti possibly because the gtx 8800 is outdated now and the gtx 8800 overheats, i think because of damage since I have cleaned out the dust, leave compuer case open, fan speed 100% and underclocked it when I am gaming and that allows me to stay just under 100c. (at 100c+ it starts to lag and overheat)

What is the best compatible video card I can upgrade to for 140 dollars or less? will an upgrade to a new card probably fix the heat issue so i wont have to have the case open/underclock to play newer games? (and yes my case is a beastly large thermaltake with multiple fans and has good airflow, all wires are tied up properly etc)

Ram:
I currently have them running at 1335.8 mhz, i plan to run them at 1800 mhz but im unsure about heating being an issue because they currently have no fans and i plan to install more mem (but they have never had a heat issue yet). I want more mem because new games are asking for 3-4 gb of ram now.

What would be the best compatible ram sticks I can add to this for 40 dollars or less? Is it safe for me to clock the mem I currently have at 1800 mhz without it having any heat issue and still install new mem right next to these with those clocked at their normal speed? if heat might be an issue, what cheap solutions could i use?

all help is appreciated very much, thank you :) .

outcastz50

Honorable
May 17, 2012

well i know a bit less about upgrading ram. im not sure about compatibilities and because my mobo is kinda old now, idk if new ram can be installed without problems. when this mobo was new, ddr3 ram was new and only up to 2 gb of ddr3 existed lol.

on the video card, why would you say the 550 ti is not a good gaming card? the 560 kind of pushes my budget and im not looking to max out any gfx, i usually put games on the lowest gfx settings so that fps spike drops dont affect me in multiplayer.

i just want to be able to play games with smooth fps and i can do so with the 8800 gtx in games like bad company 2 or max payne 3, so i imagine a 550 ti will make that easy and i could probably turn up the gfx settings a bit. if theres a big difference between the 550 ti and the 560, or 550 ti has a technical issues, then i would consider putting out a little more money possibly to avoid having to deal with a bad product. i really am trying to stay under 150 dollars on the gfx card though.

what about the gtx 560 SE? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130770
or gtx 550 ti superclocked? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130629

ty for response