Driver not installing and device not being found

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason_1234

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Hi I just installed a 4870 in my system and i'm trying to download and install the drivers.

Ive installed the proper driver but when it completes installing there isn't anything in the installation folder. Is there anything I should look for that is causing it to not be found?Any help greatly appreciated.Thanks.

EDIT: now i'm not getting video when the graphics card is inserted.

Solution
You forgot to hook up to your card? Don't feel bad something like that happened to me and I took my whole rig apart because I thoungt I for got a part or I installed something wrong.

I felt stupid when I saw that I hadn't plug in my monitor all the way in. It was plug in but not all the way so no video feed. It happens well I glad you found your problem So pat your self on the back and good luck to you.

DM186

Splendid
Hook back up to your integrated GPU take your card out. Boot the system go into the bios and disable your integrated GPU then shut down reinstall your card hook the monitor to it and reboot. If that doesn't fix let us know and we can try some other stuff.

jason_1234

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011

I'm pretty sure it was just because i was using my vga cable from the mobo and not the dvi from the gpu. Thanks for the help, ill try it in case using the dvi cable doesn't work.

DM186

Splendid
You forgot to hook up to your card? Don't feel bad something like that happened to me and I took my whole rig apart because I thoungt I for got a part or I installed something wrong.

I felt stupid when I saw that I hadn't plug in my monitor all the way in. It was plug in but not all the way so no video feed. It happens well I glad you found your problem So pat your self on the back and good luck to you.

Solution

jason_1234

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
thanks man, I still feel like a retard though. I took out the graphics card like 6 times and plugged it back in right after and I wasn't getting any picture. Everything was working fine, but then I realized i was using a vga cord from my integrated graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.