PC to HDTV VGA>HDMI problem

FredoLay33

Honorable
May 6, 2012
Hey guys here's the situation,

I am trying to use my new Samsung LED HDTV (UN40D6000) as a monitor on my gaming rig and I'm trying to get the best image quality.

My TV supports HDMI and VGA and my video card within my gaming rig (Radeon HD6950 2GB) supports HDMI and DVI.

I connected my gaming rig to the HDTV using an HDMI to HDMI (high speed HDMI cable) connection but the problem is that the image quality isn't great at all. Everything is jagged and the colors aren't impressive. The desktop's resolution is set to 1920x1080.

I connected my laptop to the TV using a VGA to VGA connection and is undoubtably clearer and looks 100x better, it's definitely utilizing full 1080p, trust me. The laptops resolution is set to 1920x1080.

VGA>HDMI

I have the latest drivers and the latest version of Catalyst Control Center installed on the gaming rig but I don't know how to make it better and to make the desktop utilize the full 1080p using HDMI and to make it look as great as the VGA to VGA connection demonstrated on my laptop.

From what I've heard the HDMI connection should be much better.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
My 2 Sammy HDTVs each have one particular HDMI port that is specially designed for PC use. The other ports produce a crappy display. Check your owner's manual to see if one of the HDMI ports is preferred for best PC display. My 32" and 46" Sammys looks great now connected to my 2 GTX 570s via HDMI/HDMI or DVI/HDMI.

jmdanna

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2010
Hey guys, I know this post is old, but I found it on a Google search and it's exactly what's going on with me. I have a 24" HDTV that I am trying to use as a computer monitor, it's an AOC L24H898 and it's a 1080p display. I can hook it up either with a VGA cable or through the single HDMI input, there is only one. I tried hooking it up with HDMI and it looked terrible. I then settled to use it with VGA but am now dissatisfied. It's pretty much impossible to read text on the screen without straining my eyes because of noticeable ghosting around letters. It looks like the entire screen is duplicated and you can faintly see it slightly right of the normal image. I heard this was a common problem with VGA, so I have since been trying to get the HDMI connection to work. I plugged it in and the ghosting is gone, but it still looks terrible. The image is not clear at all. I have tried different resolutions and HDTV modes on my ATI Radeon HD6950, but have not succeeded. My TV looks great through the HDMI port playing through a blue-ray player. It's only my PC, it makes no sense! Please help!