Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Which motherboard will suffice? please help

Last response: in CPUs
Share
November 7, 2012 5:43:24 AM

hey guys, I am trying to make a new pc and the processor that I have am thinking of buying is this one INTEL CORE i5 3450 3.1Ghz (6MB CACHE), im a little low on budget so I don't know if I should go with an IVY bridge INTEL CORE i3 3220 3.3Ghz (3MB CACHE) instead so that I can save money for a decent graphics card, im thinking that I should go with an IVY bridge so that the technology doesn't feel ancient after a while, I am trying to spend as less as possible on the motherboard aswell so that there is room for a graphics card so here is the list of motherboards

PKR: pakistan rupees. 1 USD equals 96.19 PKR

GIGABYTE GA-H61M-DS2 (LGA1155-SND+DVI+GIGA LAN)
PKR: 5300
GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3H (LGA1155-SND+DVI+GIGA LAN)
PKR: 7850
GIGABYTE GA-H77-DS3H (LGA1155-SND+DVI+GIGA LAN)
PKR:9950
GIGABYTE Z77-D3H Z77 SERIES (LGA1155-SND+DVI+GIGA LAN)
PKR:15500
INTEL DB75EN 1333-(LGA1155-SND+DVI+GIGA LAN)
PKR: 8000
INTEL DH77EB 1333-(LGA1155-SND+DVI+GIGA LAN)
PKR: 10500

(I need to go for the cheapest without compromising performance or durability)

CORSAIR XMS3 DDR3 4GB-1600BUS 2Gx2 (CMX4GX3M2A1600C9)
PKR: 2500
CORSAIR XMS3 DDR3 4GB-1600BUS 4GX1 (CMZ4GX3M16000C9)
PKR: 2500
CORSAIR VENGEANCE LOW DDR3 4GB-1600 2GX2 (CML4GX3M2A1600C9)
PKR: 2500

COOLER MASTER CHASSIS CM ELITE 333 WITH 420W POWER SUPPLY
PKR: 4950

please help understand which ram is better since they all cost the same where I live.

If I were to go with an IVY bridge INTEL CORE i5 3450 3.1Ghz (6MB CACHE), anyone of these rams and an INTEL DB75EN 1333-(LGA1155-SND+DVI+GIGA LAN) then the only graphics card I'll be able to hardly afford is the EVGA GT 630 128 BITS 1024 MB DDR3 DVI/HDMI 01GP32631KR

I don't need to buy a new hard disk since I already have an 80gb hard disk and that would suffice.

the site that I'm quoting prices from is http://galaxy.pk and it appears to be the leading shop in my city so yea, I need to make a pc which includes CPU, GPU, mobo, ram, Case and PSU. my budget is 38000 PKR which is somewhere around 400 USD, not not that much of a gamer I usually play dota 2 but I would like to know that the pc could smoothly play latest game at medium graphics, 1280x1024 resolution is enough for me.


More about : motherboard suffice

a c 87 à CPUs
a c 97 V Motherboard
November 7, 2012 6:11:52 AM

Your choice then would have to be the cheapest board. It's an ok board to use, but doesn't leave you with a lot of upgrade choices. Spend the extra money on a better GPU.

Edit: I forgot to ask, what about sandy bridge CPUs? Are there any cheaper 2xxx CPUs? You can always put an IB CPU in later if you are looking for an upgrade, and SB CPUs aren't that much slower anyways.
Score
0
November 7, 2012 7:52:23 AM

yes there are sandy bridge CPUs available but they're just about the same price, I would have to downgrade to an i3 processor to really save some money for the GPU.
Score
0
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
November 7, 2012 7:57:13 AM

+1 to 474....

buy the cheapest one:) 

u can buy i5 with gt 630 for now after word u can upgrade ur gpu so ur system will be more future proof or get a i3 with a hd 7770:) 
Score
0
a c 87 à CPUs
a c 97 V Motherboard
November 7, 2012 8:49:31 AM

With the cheapest motherboard up there, whats the difference between the 3450 and the 3220? If you can afford a better GPU then drop down to the 3220. Or yes, even an i3.
Score
0
a c 197 à CPUs
a c 478 V Motherboard
November 7, 2012 8:58:54 AM

the 6x chipset will need a bios upgrade to run ib. if you do order a 6xx chipset mb ask the vendor or the local shop if it has the newest bios on it or they can flash it for you.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
November 7, 2012 9:36:37 AM

4745454b said:
With the cheapest motherboard up there, whats the difference between the 3450 and the 3220? If you can afford a better GPU then drop down to the 3220. Or yes, even an i3.


bro 3220 is an i3 cpu not an i5 so how will u compare a i3 to i5?
Score
0
November 7, 2012 10:21:11 AM

4745454b said:
With the cheapest motherboard up there, whats the difference between the 3450 and the 3220? If you can afford a better GPU then drop down to the 3220. Or yes, even an i3.

the 3220 is an i3 where as the other one is an i5, like sunnk said, I want it to be future proof,for now I can buy a 630gt and if in future I wanna upgrade GPU will be the only thing I will have to replace, but if i go with the cheapest one which is gigabyte's, my question is are they compatible,durable and good in performance?
Score
0
November 7, 2012 10:26:46 AM

smorizio said:
the 6x chipset will need a bios upgrade to run ib. if you do order a 6xx chipset mb ask the vendor or the local shop if it has the newest bios on it or they can flash it for you.

bro, I have no idea what you just said, I have never taken the liberty to find out what chipset is and what it means, so I have no idea what a 6x chipset is, and for which motherboard would I have to worry about the mobo not having the latest motherboard?
Score
0
November 7, 2012 10:39:33 AM

I have used Intel motherboards my whole life, but a while ago I bought an XFX board and had very bad experience with it so im worried if I should go with a mobo other than intel and I wound up compromising quality to save money.
Score
0
a c 87 à CPUs
a c 97 V Motherboard
November 7, 2012 10:54:37 AM

6x is the letters/number in the board. It could stand for an H61, or a P67. (X6x might be more accurate.) Same thing applies when we are talking about an (X)7x.

If this is for gaming you just need a CPU good enough to handle the CPU data and feed the GPU fast enough. A highly clocked i3 should be fine. I would rather have an i3 and the GTX650TI then an i5 with the GT630.

The exception to this is if you can get more money fast. It might make sense to get the i5 and a nice high end z77 board and use the onboard GPU if you can quickly get more money to buy the GTX650TI a few months later. It's pretty easy to pop in a new GPU so this might make sense in some cases.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
November 7, 2012 11:14:27 AM

Get at least a HD7750 or preferably HD7770. Compromise CPU and mobo if you have to. Nvidia isn't brilliant in this price segment.
Score
0
November 7, 2012 11:16:36 AM

4745454b said:
6x is the letters/number in the board. It could stand for an H61, or a P67. (X6x might be more accurate.) Same thing applies when we are talking about an (X)7x.

If this is for gaming you just need a CPU good enough to handle the CPU data and feed the GPU fast enough. A highly clocked i3 should be fine. I would rather have an i3 and the GTX650TI then an i5 with the GT630.

The exception to this is if you can get more money fast. It might make sense to get the i5 and a nice high end z77 board and use the onboard GPU if you can quickly get more money to buy the GTX650TI a few months later. It's pretty easy to pop in a new GPU so this might make sense in some cases.


I can buy a better GPU a couple of months later, I don't have my own pc for now and its freaking me out, so I suppose It would be wise to buy a gt630 for now with an i5, but whats a z77board?, they're much more expensive than other boards, are there good reasons as to why they're expensive? or is it a compromise that I can make and buy a cheap intel or gigabyte board?
Score
0

Best solution

a c 197 à CPUs
a c 478 V Motherboard
November 10, 2012 6:58:10 AM

fahu google intel chipsets and amd chipsets. on all mb is a main chip that runs the mb. when intel and amd drop a cpu most times a new chipset comes out to be paired with that cpu. to make it simple for you the older sandy bridge chipset was the x60 line of chipsets. the newer ivy bridge was set up with the x70 line of chipsets. the older x60 the usb 3.0 ports were run by 3 party chipset and the speed of the video bus was limited to pci 2.0. the newer x70 has the usb 3.0 built into the main chipset. can use 1600 speed ddr-3 and has the pci 3.0 video bus speed. the video bus speed right now does not matter as most new video cards cant max out the older 2.0 bus. the older mb using the x60 chips most wont boot with an ib cpu unless there a code update. the newer x70 will because the new code on the mb. some people like myself sometime have friends or spare parts and can put and older cpu in and update the code. or have a good local computer store that do the update for you if you by the part from them. in the real world if your ordering the part from an online retailer. you would ask for a mb with the newest code on it if it a store like new egg. the only thing to rember with the x60 and x70 line of chips is the feature that come on the chipset. the main feature is the x68/x78 you can over clock the k line of intel cpu. the other h/b are locked chipsets.
Share
November 11, 2012 2:50:51 PM

Best answer selected by fahu.
Score
0
November 11, 2012 3:06:02 PM

smorizio said:
fahu google intel chipsets and amd chipsets. on all mb is a main chip that runs the mb. when intel and amd drop a cpu most times a new chipset comes out to be paired with that cpu. to make it simple for you the older sandy bridge chipset was the x60 line of chipsets. the newer ivy bridge was set up with the x70 line of chipsets. the older x60 the usb 3.0 ports were run by 3 party chipset and the speed of the video bus was limited to pci 2.0. the newer x70 has the usb 3.0 built into the main chipset. can use 1600 speed ddr-3 and has the pci 3.0 video bus speed. the video bus speed right now does not matter as most new video cards cant max out the older 2.0 bus. the older mb using the x60 chips most wont boot with an ib cpu unless there a code update. the newer x70 will because the new code on the mb. some people like myself sometime have friends or spare parts and can put and older cpu in and update the code. or have a good local computer store that do the update for you if you by the part from them. in the real world if your ordering the part from an online retailer. you would ask for a mb with the newest code on it if it a store like new egg. the only thing to rember with the x60 and x70 line of chips is the feature that come on the chipset. the main feature is the x68/x78 you can over clock the k line of intel cpu. the other h/b are locked chipsets.

ty for going through the hassle of explaining me man, its all clear now, thanks :) , I don't wanna go with a board that isn't meant to be run with the IVY bridge, so Im gna go for the cheapest intel x7x chipset, which is INTEL DB75EN 1333, it has a pci 3.0 video bus speed if im not mistaken, it supports 1600 ram speed, Im not really into overclocking and I don't think that I'll be installing more than one gpu, now this mobo has 2 memory slots right? and will it be able to run the rams that I have mentioned in my first post and would someone also help me understand which one of those 3 rams is better?
Score
0
a c 197 à CPUs
a c 478 V Motherboard
November 14, 2012 10:17:06 AM

if the mb only has two slots then spend little more for an 8g ram kit. a kit with two 4g ram dimms at 1600 speed. with ram you want to buy two matched dims. look on intel mb info web page they have a list of tested ram for the mb or look to see if ram vendor has tested there memory in that mb. myself i go with low profile ram.
Score
0
!