• Power Supplies
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics Cards
May 6, 2012 10:45:54 PM

More about : power supply question

May 6, 2012 10:52:31 PM

dish_moose said:
Don't do it - that brand has had nothing good said about it. Stick with Anec, corsair, seasonic, silverstone, xfx,,,
-Bruce

Can you link me to one in the same price range? I don't want to spend over 80 dollars.

Thanks,

BoomShotKapow
m
l
Related resources
May 6, 2012 10:56:15 PM

GI_JONES said:
Technically it should, but Diablotech is one of the worst psu's out there. Get this instead. Rock solid reliability, and costs less. that card requires 500 watts, this one is 600 watts
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Will that completely support my GPU? By any chance could you find another PSU that might be able to support a second GPU. Because I planned on possibly crossfiring in the future. But not in the next couple of days, but in the next 3 months or so.
m
l
May 6, 2012 11:00:04 PM

It "should."

The PSU has the 2 6pin connectors that the 6950 needs and is "labeled" with higher amperage on the +12V rails than that card needs.

However, Diablotek makes pretty horrible PSU's and if i were you i would get a different one.

A lot of people on these forums take pride in only buying high quality Power Supplies like Corsair, Antec, and Seasonic. So that is probably what most people will tell you on here (which, in this case, is a valid point) But i had my old 550Ti plugged into a crap PSU and it worked perfectly for about a year.

So yes, it "should" work, but if you decided to get a higher quality power supply that wouldn't hurt either ;) 

Edit: Dang 5 replies while i was typing this. Anywho, any 850W from a good brand (Antec, Corsair, Seasonic, XFX,) will do Xfire 6950 fine.
m
l
May 6, 2012 11:01:26 PM

thux said:
It "should."

The PSU has the 2 6pin connectors that the 6950 needs and is "labeled" with higher amperage on the +12V rails than that card needs.

However, Diablotek makes pretty horrible PSU's and if i were you i would get a different one.

A lot of people on these forums take pride in only buying high quality Power Supplies like Corsair, Antec, and Seasonic. So that is probably what most people will tell you on here (which, in this case, is a valid point) But i had my old 550Ti plugged into a crap PSU and it worked perfectly for about a year.

So yes, it "should" work, but if you decided to get a higher quality power supply that wouldn't hurt either ;) 

Yea, I'm definitely willing to go the extra mile for something well worth it. But can you possibly find me a PSU that'll work 100% with this card and possibly a second for a good price. I really do not want to spend anything over 80.

If that isn't possible, I'll just be purchasing a cheaper PSU and use only one GPU.

Thanks,

BoomShotKapow
m
l
May 7, 2012 3:18:07 AM

This is the best I could do that would support 2 6950's (700 watts for crossfire):http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
its $95 with shipping, but has a $25 rebate. It has 4 6 pin power connectors, which is what you would need to power the pair.
Here is another: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168.... It is $90, free shipping, but if you put in the promo code and order before midnight tonight (western time.Newegg is in California) it will be $81
m
l