Upgrade Dillemma:: 6230 vs 7610

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Hey everyone

I have a bit of an issue here! Which phone should I go for? I've been
lusting after the 6230 for a long while now, but now the local O2 store has
them in stock (and just 3 weeks to go until I can upgrade), a friend showed
me her new 7610!

I know there is a sacrifice in size, and I'd probably have to wait a while
for the 7610 to be made available to me as an O2 Online customer (or can I
upgrade to any phone that a high street O2 shop offers?), but in your eyes,
what phone would swing it for you?

Comparing them on the website, it looks as tho it's only the camera that's
majorly different, or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance
Matt
5 answers Last reply
More about upgrade dillemma 6230 7610
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    "Customer of Plusnet" <blackhole@plus.net> wrote in message

    > Comparing them on the website, it looks as tho it's only the camera that's
    > majorly different, or am I missing something?

    I believe the latter uses reduced-size mmc (RSMMC), which are currently very
    overpriced.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 23:34:08 +0000 (UTC), "Customer of Plusnet"
    <blackhole@plus.net> wrote:

    >Comparing them on the website, it looks as tho it's only the camera that's
    >majorly different, or am I missing something?

    The camera won't be an issue when the 6230i comes out as thats gonna
    be a megapixel one too. I would wait till August for this little
    beauty to come on the market now.
    --
    Gwyn. gwyn@gmaverick.fsnetrem.co.uk
    **spam trap** remove rem if replying

    > snip
    > The camera won't be an issue when the 6230i comes out as thats gonna
    > be a megapixel one too. I would wait till August for this little
    > beauty to come on the market now.
    > --

    6230i - doesn't even feature on the Nokia website, yet. Where are the
    details

    laurie
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    <blackhole@plus.net> wrote:

    >Hey everyone
    >
    >I have a bit of an issue here! Which phone should I go for? I've been
    >lusting after the 6230 for a long while now, but now the local O2 store has
    >them in stock (and just 3 weeks to go until I can upgrade), a friend showed
    >me her new 7610!
    >
    >I know there is a sacrifice in size, and I'd probably have to wait a while
    >for the 7610 to be made available to me as an O2 Online customer (or can I
    >upgrade to any phone that a high street O2 shop offers?), but in your eyes,
    >what phone would swing it for you?
    >
    >Comparing them on the website, it looks as tho it's only the camera that's
    >majorly different, or am I missing something?

    Well I own a 6230 and have only played with a 7610 in a shop so I
    can't give a definitive answer about which is better long-term, but I
    don't regret having gone for the 6230. It's way more compact, is
    loaded with features and has a good battery life.

    The 7610 was one of the smallest 'smartphones' I've seen but it's
    still quite a bit bigger than the 6230. It also has a horrible
    'fashion' keyboard. I don't know what they were thinking. Battery
    life is likely to be on a par with the other Series 60 Nokias. ie. 2
    days though you do get a pretty functional PDA ability with Symbian.
    It would be nice to have the megapixel camera though.

    Gav
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    > Well I own a 6230 and have only played with a 7610 in a shop so I
    > can't give a definitive answer about which is better long-term, but I
    > don't regret having gone for the 6230. It's way more compact, is
    > loaded with features and has a good battery life.

    I agree with everything you said, however what means "good battery life".
    Without too much talking (in the range of 30-40 minutes), I couldn't get
    over 40-44 hours, from charge to charge.

Nokia Phones Product