BAT file to start/stop services

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I would like to create a BAT file to set the three following services
to AUTOMATIC. I would also like to create another BAT file to
DISABLE them.

Automatic Updates
Background Intelligent Transser Service
Windows Installer

Are there line commands to start/stop and set the local services
which I could use?
4 answers Last reply
More about file start stop services
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Net Start Service_you_want started
    Net Stop Service_your want stopped

    Example: I want to start Removable Storage
    net start "removable storage"

    "Will" <nomail@mail.com> wrote in message
    >I would like to create a BAT file to set the three following services
    > to AUTOMATIC. I would also like to create another BAT file to
    > DISABLE them.
    >
    > Automatic Updates
    > Background Intelligent Transser Service
    > Windows Installer
    >
    > Are there line commands to start/stop and set the local services
    > which I could use?
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    In message <WIIUd.35010$755.13843@lakeread05> "Bob" <b@B.b> wrote:

    >Net Start Service_you_want started
    >Net Stop Service_your want stopped
    >
    >Example: I want to start Removable Storage
    >net start "removable storage"

    That will start or stop, but not disable the service.

    --
    All generalizations are bad!
  3. I, too, would really like to know how to disable and set services to automatic from the command line.