BAT file to start/stop services

February 28, 2005 6:24:26 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I would like to create a BAT file to set the three following services
to AUTOMATIC. I would also like to create another BAT file to
DISABLE them.

Automatic Updates
Background Intelligent Transser Service
Windows Installer

Are there line commands to start/stop and set the local services
which I could use?
February 28, 2005 6:24:27 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Net Start Service_you_want started
Net Stop Service_your want stopped

Example: I want to start Removable Storage
net start "removable storage"

"Will" <nomail@mail.com> wrote in message
>I would like to create a BAT file to set the three following services
> to AUTOMATIC. I would also like to create another BAT file to
> DISABLE them.
>
> Automatic Updates
> Background Intelligent Transser Service
> Windows Installer
>
> Are there line commands to start/stop and set the local services
> which I could use?
Anonymous
February 28, 2005 6:24:28 PM

In message <WIIUd.35010$755.13843@lakeread05> "Bob" <b@B.b> wrote:

>Net Start Service_you_want started
>Net Stop Service_your want stopped
>
>Example: I want to start Removable Storage
>net start "removable storage"

That will start or stop, but not disable the service.

--
All generalizations are bad!
Related resources

I, too, would really like to know how to disable and set services to automatic from the command line.
November 16, 2008 9:56:50 AM

You need the program sc.exe from the Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit tools (download from here). This link gives you details of how to use the command.
!