BAT file to start/stop services

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I would like to create a BAT file to set the three following services
to AUTOMATIC. I would also like to create another BAT file to
DISABLE them.

Automatic Updates
Background Intelligent Transser Service
Windows Installer

Are there line commands to start/stop and set the local services
which I could use?

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Net Start Service_you_want started
Net Stop Service_your want stopped

Example: I want to start Removable Storage
net start "removable storage"

In message <WIIUd.35010$755.13843@lakeread05> "Bob" <b@B.b> wrote:

>Net Start Service_you_want started
>Net Stop Service_your want stopped
>
>Example: I want to start Removable Storage
>net start "removable storage"

That will start or stop, but not disable the service.

--
All generalizations are bad!