Mid Range PC, ths ok?

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted some advice on what I have put together so far… do want a mid range spec pc. Will not be using it for gaming but possibly using it for photo editing.

Approximate Purchase Date: This week

Budget Range: up to £800

System Usage from Most to Least Important: watching movies, editing photos, surfing web

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS, tower case (have an antec 300 case)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: dabs.com

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: Have a Dell st2410

This is what I have picked out

Processor
Intel Core i5-2550K 3.40GHz LGA1155 6MB

Motherboard
Asus P8Z77-V PRO S1155 Intel Z77 DDR3 ATX

Graphics Card
Asus GeForce GTX 560Ti 830MHz 1GB PCI-Express HDMI

PSU
Corsair Memory TX650 V2 650W ATX Enthusiast Series

RAM
G.Skill 8GB (2 x 4GB) ARES DDR3 1333MHz DIMM 240-pin CL9 Orange

Internal Card Reader
Akasa 5.25" InterConnect Pro USB Panel Multicard Reader

Optical Drive
Sony 24x DVD-RW/RAM SATA Black LightScribe Drive

SSD
Samsung 128GB 830 Series SATA 6Gb/s 2.5"

Thanks for your input in advance
17 answers Last reply
More about range
  1. i don't want to exchange anything cause you have already pick the right components.
  2. You'll need the i5-3570K to take advantage of that Z77 motherboard but otherwise everything else looks good.
  3. I am surprised you missed that he chose the 2550k over the i5-2500k, which isn't worth losing IGP for diagnostics.
  4. Great choices, except for the CPU/Motherboard. If you want a SB Processor, go no further than an i5-2500k for gaming as it gives you a valuable tool in diagnosing video card problems.
  5. Oh, and one more thing. If you get an i5-2500k, a Z77 board is a waste as the 2500k will not be able to make full use of PCIe 3.0 when it is saturated in a couple of years.
  6. Maybe you misunderstood, but that is what I said in my previous post.
  7. so best bet would be to get the i5-3570k processer instead rather than the i5-2500k?

would it be worthwhile to get a blu ray drive instead?

as before, i highly doubt i'll use it for gaming but if it has the capability to play games with the better processor then i guess its ok too...
  8. Yes would suggest it. And go i5 3570K to have PCI 3.0 in the future. For the Blu-Ray, it's up to you, but do you really use Blu-Ray dvds?
  9. i dont use blu rays dvds so i guess i can leave that then...

thanks for the help...

any other suggestions?
  10. Nope you're set! GL.
  11. just another quick message regarding the RAM, will that be ok or should i get something better etc?
  12. The ram you selected is fine.
  13. perfect and for upgrade later on?
  14. Upgrading later really isn't needed as you have 8GB but if you wanted to yes.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems