alrobichaud

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011
I am posting this here and not in software because I believe it to be a problem with the gpu. The problem is the highest resolution the game will allow me to set is 1920x1080. I just bought the game today so I am a bit bummed as I have become a bit of an eyefinity snob. I have my eyefinity display group enabled with a resolution of 6048x1080 and when I start the game it defaults to the game mirrored on 3 screens with a max res of 1920x1080. I have the latest 12.4 driver installed. I know it can be done as I have seen you tube videos with triple monitor resolutions and widescreen fixer does have support for fixing the hud in mass effect 3. What am I missing? Any of you with 7970's tried mulit monitor? If so, what driver version works for you?

My OS is windows 7 pro 64 bit. The rest of my specs are in my public profile.

alrobichaud

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011
Solved my own problem. CCC 12.3 is the last version that eyefinity will work with in Mass effect 3. Not sure why this is as I thought the newest version of CCC contained all of the fixes from the previous version.

alrobichaud

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011
I spoke too soon. I tried playing the game last night but about 5 minutes into it the game froze and I had to ctrl+alt+del to get out of it and when i restarted it was back to mirrored on 3 screens. I reinstalled the drivers and I even tried 12.1,12.2,12.3 and 12.4 a no matter what I did I could not get the game to play on triple screens. This is a very annoying problem. The reason I waited to buy the game was to see if others were able to get the game to work in eyefinity. Back to square one. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

DM186

Splendid

alrobichaud

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011
Thanks for trying DM186. Normally, all you need to do with eyefinity is make sure you enable your display group through CCC and start any game and if it supports eyefinity your resolution will be in the graphics options. After many wasted hours on google sometimes going as far as page 3 to read all of the matches, I found my answer on some random youtube video with some guy showing off his eyefinity setup. Apparently, it was just dumb luck that it even worked for me the first time in eyefinity. I needed to go into the game folder and there is a configuration utility which you need to manually input your resolution. That is the first time I have seen a game where you have had to do that instead of using the graphics option in the game. I even posted this question in the Wide Screen Gaming Forum and did not get an answer.