Power supply for cpu and graphic card

MC_K7

Distinguished
Video cards makers tend to overly exaggerate minimum power requirements. In the case of the 6670 they say 400 Watt minimum, but I'm sure it would do fine with a 300 Watt power supply. The 6670 doesn't draw a lot of power and it's one of the most powerful card you can get that doesn't require additional PCI-E power connectors. But that being said, the power supply is a vital component that can damage other components if you use a bad one. Get a good brand like Corsair or Antec and if you have the extra money get a bigger one (more Watt) in case you want to change your video card again in a couple of years, this way with more powers it will give you more options in the future.

The 6670 does not need an auxiliary 75w 6 pin power lead, it can draw all of it's power from the pci-e slot.
A 300w psu would be sufficient. But, since 400-500w psu's do not cost any more, I would look at them.

InvalidError

Titan

300W is enough IF it is a good quality 300W PSU.

According to my UPS, my i5-3470 + HD5770 draws only 160W from the wall under Prime95 + FurMark.

Between the OP's HD6670 which uses even less power and his FX4100, I doubt his system power will be much over 200W, which should be perfectly fine for good 300W PSUs.