Help with Views

Hi all new to forums and windows xp.I was wondering in the folders view
type how can I make it so it will always stay tile instead of thumbnail
and all folders will take the change.I really want to know.Tnx in advnc.

--
Pedro1223

Pedro1223 wrote:
> Hi all new to forums and windows xp.I was wondering in the folders
> view type how can I make it so it will always stay tile instead of
> thumbnail and all folders will take the change.I really want to
> know.Tnx in advnc.

Set it the way you want and then using TOOLS -->> FOLDER OPTIONS -->> View
tab... APPLY TO ALL FOLDERS.

--
<- Shenan ->

Saved folder settings are stored in BagMRU. Defaults and network/removable drives are stored in Streams key (as everything was in earlier versions).

You have to do Apply To All while in a file folder.
For each type of object (File Folder, Control Panel, My Computer, etc) that you do an Apply to All in it's clsid and the settings are created/updated at
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Streams\Defaults

{F3364BA0-65B9-11CE-A9BA-00AA004AE837} is ordinary folders, and other numbers are what ever they are (My Comp, Control Panel, etc - note My Docs is an ordinary folder). They only appear IF you do an apply to all in that type of object.

as well as a higher set of defaults at
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Streams
Settings=

So the point being in the order that you do things. You want to do your overall default setting last. This is how I advised someone who asked

> Can someone please tell me how to force Windows to keep
> the seperate folder view settings I choose? I have
> checked and rechecked the box in folder options for it to
> remember, but it has no memory for that issue. To be more
> specific; I want to always have the thumbnail view in My
> Pictures and also in the Control Panel Dialog, but every
> time I open them I have to manually set that view.

Set Control Panel how you want then Tools - View - Apply To All Folders. This sets the global default and the Control Panel type of objects defaults (but the system default remains the same - it can't be changed but all other defaults/settings override it). Then go to an ordinary folder (as My Pics is for this feature) and set it how you want all folders but CP. Then Tools - View - Apply To All Folders. This sets the global default and the file folder type of object defaults (CP's default settings will still override the global). Then set My Pics how you want it and do nothing else as we are saving it by the checkbox Remember Folder Settings AND BY THE PATH WE GOT THERE. EG

Desktop\My Comp\C:\Documents & Settings\user name\My Docs\My Pics
is a different setting to
Desktop\My Comp\My Docs\My Pics

There is some searching for similar settings but the path used, if too different, means it won't find the settings for similar named folders.

http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/
"Shenan Stanley" <news_helper@hushmail.com> wrote in message news:OQHWe1hHFHA.2976@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Pedro1223 wrote:
>> Hi all new to forums and windows xp.I was wondering in the folders
>> view type how can I make it so it will always stay tile instead of
>> thumbnail and all folders will take the change.I really want to
>> know.Tnx in advnc.
>
> Set it the way you want and then using TOOLS -->> FOLDER OPTIONS -->> View
> tab... APPLY TO ALL FOLDERS.
>
> --
> <- Shenan ->

map

"Pedro1223" wrote:

> Hi all new to forums and windows xp.I was wondering in the folders view
> type how can I make it so it will always stay tile instead of thumbnail
> and all folders will take the change.I really want to know.Tnx in advnc.
>

> --
> Pedro1223

Line 2 left side,run the edit and reboot,once done your folders will stay in
the view you select.