Problem with Graphics

Space_Coyote

Honorable
May 7, 2012
Hello everyone, before I get into my problem I will get some information on my two builds.

Original
MSI-G31M Motherboard
Intel 2.5ghz Quad Core
3 G RAM
ATI Radeon 6950 GPU
Corsair VX550 PSU

New
ASUS M5A97 motherboard
AMD Phenom 965 BE
8 G Ram Ripjaws F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL
Radeon 6950 GPU
Corsair VX550 PSU

Anyway, I decided to upgrade my system so I bought these new parts. I made sure they were all compatible and installed them and...nothing. My screen is not receiving any signal. I figured it was the motherboard so I tried everything I could think of then went through ASUS support. They said I had tried just about everything I could and offered an RMA. Given this I decided to put my old components back in and use that until I got the new part. Same thing, no signal.

Given this, I figure I must be doing something wrong. I am in no way a professional as far as computers go, just a gamer who understands the inside and can (as far as I know) competently take apart a computer and put it back together. I have tried my current and old GPU and get the same result so it would appear all the components are in working order, I am just messing up somehow. I will provide a screenshot of the inside of my computer so maybe you can point out how I am messing up.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Here are just some random things that might be important?
- The motherboard does not beep at all when I start it up
- All fans run fine
- I can't use the power button to turn it off, I must use the switch on the PSU
- My USB mouse does not turn on but I know the USB's are receiving power ( I used a small usb mini fridge thing I have to check)

Solution
Did you plug in 24-pin motherboard power connector and 4/8-pin CPU power connector? Those two are the two-must-be-connected connectors so your computer starts. Did you also plug two 6-pin connectors to your graphics card?

Space_Coyote

Honorable
May 7, 2012
2kf321.jpg

rtjjig.jpg

Did you plug in 24-pin motherboard power connector and 4/8-pin CPU power connector? Those two are the two-must-be-connected connectors so your computer starts. Did you also plug two 6-pin connectors to your graphics card?

Solution

Space_Coyote

Honorable
May 7, 2012
I'm an idiot, thank you. I took the picture to make sure I made all the right connections after I removed the cpu power connector so I forgot about it. Thanks so much haha...