Video card problems with dell xps 400

nivek3002

Honorable
May 7, 2012
Hello,
My name is kevin and I've just recently bought the nvidia gt240 video card off of newegg.com.
I wanted to upgrade the video card on my dell xps 400 and I found the driver on the nvidia website and downloaded it.
Everything was running smoothly until now.
My computer froze when I was playing LOL, and after the first freeze, every time I leave it on for over 10 minutes it freezes again.
The Windows report tells me that there is a serious issue with the video card/driver, which is weird because when I downloaded the driver for the video card nothing was wrong everything is the most recent updates.
So I was wondering if you guys can tell me whats wrong?
Thank you :(

RajeshSDell

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012
Hi Kevin,
My Name is Rajesh and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell. Based on your post, it looks like corrupt video drivers on the system.
Try to uninstall the video drivers using a tool called driver sweeper http://bit.ly/N9u7A0
in safe mode with networking and then install the drivers in normal mode from the NVIDIA website.

Regards
Dell- Rajesh S

Ppatel

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012

I am sorry Rajesh but I think problem is the card itself and Dell is not standing behind it. I have XPS 1750 that had same problem of freezing. Now the monitor is completely blank (computer boots up, but can not see anything). I am having tuff time getting replacement card. Dell will only sell me kit that includes mother board and card. I only need card.

Ppatel6097@aol.com