Random Freezes crossed out so many things.

Vecna

Honorable
Apr 16, 2012
Hi there people on tom's hardware I come to you on last resort. I hope that you can help me for the manufacturers are getting angry at me for sending hardware back and forth. I build a pc about 2 months back. I bought all the parts from the same online shop and put them together myself. Since day one the pc would hang/freeze very randomly.

I have send my graphics card in and they tested it and said nothing was wrong. I then later send my whole computer in. They replaced my cpu watercooler and said some of the ram was faulty but didn't replace it because I took of the heatsinks of two ram sticks for the cpu cooler to fit. So when I got the computer back I took out 2 ram sticks and ran memtest86 over night it did 6 passes with no errors. (with only 2 ram sticks in, still only got 2 ram sticks inside)

I've seen it froze playing streaming videos, alt tabbing from games, just playing a game, using a photoshop like website editing pictures like Canv.as or I would leave my pc over night downloading and would come back and it not wanting to resume from blackscreens numlock would be frozen. When it freezes the fans would make a slight different sound. The computer is freezing a little less than before when I just got it I must say. I am not over clocking. It would freeze about twice a day now. I bought this computer for 3d cgi training and I am scared the warranties will expire before I will be able to fix it and then I am screwed because I used all my money on this machine.

I have installed the newest AMD drivers. I have reinstalled windows the first day I got it after I saw it froze. The computer froze with a fresh install with just drivers and a browser installed. The ram timings looks correct. I have run hwmonitor once while it froze and all temperatures where normal. I don't know any more. Does anybody have any idea?

The specs.

Intel 3930K
Intel DX79TO mb
AMD Sapphire 7950 overclocked edition
2 x 4gb Corsair vengeance
Antec 750 Earthwatts
Corsair H80
Seagate 2tb HDD
Windows 7 64