Feedback for my first build please

neryn

Honorable
Jun 30, 2012
So after looking at the build-it sites and upgrading my graphics card a couple of times, I've decided that maybe I can survive building my own system. But I'm a little overwhelmed with options so I need some help.

Approximate Purchase Date: In the next few weeks

Budget Range: up to $1000 Before rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming

Parts Not Required: (i already own these) Corsair tx750w PSU, Samsung 24 inch monitor, Windows 7 home premium, Logitech mouse, speakers, keyboard

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg.com & amazon

Parts Preferences:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/b9Gr

I know I could go cheaper with the tower but I really like the blue lighting and the window on the side.

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: I want it good enough that I won't have to do this again for a while as I usually go about 3-6 years between computers and about 2-3 years between graphics cards. I'll probably buy a 2nd card of the same in a year or two in order to crossfire when I feel I need a cheap upgrade and I don't really feel the need for an SSD.

He has a TX750 V2, 2fast, which is a very good PSU. Why purchase another?

Also, you need a Z77/B75/Z75/H77 board to use IVB. You cannot use Z68 unless you update BIOS, and that can only be done with an SB CPU. However, since you're not OCing, you don't need the unlocked processor anyway. Get the i5-3450 and an H77 board.

The cheaper Intel chipset have less pci-e lanes available so you sould stick with a Z77 motherboard . And you should check tht the model you select can run graphics cards in a x8/x8 configuration . x16/x4 wont work if you crossfire or SLI

The 3550 could be your cpu of choice if not overclocking

Asit is your build needs a 500 watt psu , and even if you were crossfiring two of those cards thena good 600 watt unit works fine . 80+ bronze or better rated .
The corsair TX 650 is popular

TRENDING THREADS