Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Can i upgrade intel celeron into intel dual core

Last response: in CPUs
November 7, 2012 10:24:25 PM

i have a toshiba l355.with 4 gigabite ram and 1 terrabit hardrive.how can i upgrade intel celeron duel processor?.if so, with what?
a b à CPUs
November 7, 2012 10:36:07 PM

If it is possible,you need a new cpu but since you laptop is old the mobo chipset is probably a LGA775,CPU for that are hard to find and expensive.But wait for more answers.
m
l
November 7, 2012 11:23:13 PM

From my understanding, laptops typically bear the following...

A.) A CPU that is permanently soldered to the motherboard.
B.) A CPU that was installed with the other components in mind. In other words, it was installed for that particular model of laptop...

If, by chance, the CPU can be replaced, it would most-likely generate a TONNE of heat... so, it would not be worth the upgrade, even if it's possible.

Just save some money, and design a killer desktop computer. :) 
m
l
Related resources
November 9, 2012 2:19:58 AM

thank you for responding.i had a desktop in 96.i got lazy and let others do tech work for me for a long time.i got this toshiba l355 abt 4 yrs ago. im still learning ,i ve done a few things to this lptp. i put a 1tb hd from 500,from2 gigs to 4 gigs of ram.from windows vista home basic i went to window 7 proffesional.im thinkin all i need now is more memory. before i put window 7 i read i would need 8gigs and im running on 4 now.it fuctions well but at times it loads slowly or lags a bit.ive bin duin my homework. i ask a guy at bestbuy who had similar type and he said it wld not wrk if i put more memory becuase i have an intel celeron processor ,should i replace my motherboard or get more memory.i was thinkin of building one but i wanted to see what else i can to dis lptp 4 i build one.im no quiter.
m
l
a c 139 à CPUs
a b å Intel
November 9, 2012 4:18:12 AM

Most laptop's cpus are not soldered to the mobo, in fact it is pretty rare. But your power brick was only meant for the current configuration's power. There are quite a few socket p cpus that are the same 35w tdp but it's quite old. You're just sinking money into old tech. What do you expect it to do? Any upgrade still won't let it do anything more than basic web browsing. Replacing the mobo is a no as there is no standard laptop form factor. Pretty much every model has a different shape. Desktops on the other hand are easy to upgrade. Every part can easily be switched out. More ram will not help, 4gb is plenty. The requirement is 1 gb for 32 bit, 2 gb for 64 bit.
m
l
November 9, 2012 11:59:34 AM

blacknemesist said:
If it is possible,you need a new cpu but since you laptop is old the mobo chipset is probably a LGA775,CPU for that are hard to find and expensive.But wait for more answers.

thank you
m
l
November 9, 2012 12:06:59 PM

hafijur said:
You upgraded this rubbish computer with those specs. You have a single core celeron running at 2.2ghz. Even atom dual cores will run faster then your celeron. I am not trying to wum but your wasting money on a computer designed to be rubbish but cheap. Heck 6 year old laptops have over 2x faster cpu then your celeron. I have a t7600 cpu in my old d820. I currently use a 5930g with p7350 which I think is slow but come on a celeron single core cpu. I haven't upgraded my ram or cpu and you have upgraded everything apart from your slowest component the cpu.

You could get laptops 7 years ago with more cpu performance on basic machines then what you have.

My advice is just get a newer laptop. You can get them cheap on ebay with core i3/core 2 duo.
thanks
m
l
November 9, 2012 12:07:59 PM

blacknemesist said:

thanks
m
l
a c 139 à CPUs
a b å Intel
November 9, 2012 3:24:42 PM

They are not hard to find and are quite cheap, most are $10-$30. Just take a look on ebay. Core 2 duo is the same socket.
m
l
November 10, 2012 1:15:05 AM

k1114 said:
They are not hard to find and are quite cheap, most are $10-$30. Just take a look on ebay. Core 2 duo is the same socket.

everybody say something diff. thanks dude,it has improve alot with some advice that ive gotten. it has improved alot bey updating the bios.i had updated b4 @ toshiba site but noting.and they dont do much for you when it comes to something like this.but im gona look into it on ebay.
m
l
November 10, 2012 1:21:39 AM

thank you all for your help
m
l
November 16, 2012 9:21:07 PM

hello k1114.your advice help me alot . once again thank you. i have a ?. is it true that i can download a processor.
m
l
a c 109 à CPUs
November 16, 2012 9:22:42 PM

No, a CPU is a physical object, where did you get that from?
m
l
November 16, 2012 9:48:20 PM

someone who i know.i posted this ? bcus i wanted him to see im not lying to him.thank you for the responce .sorry to have bothered you.
m
l
a c 109 à CPUs
November 16, 2012 9:55:34 PM

No problem, kind of an odd question though.
m
l
November 16, 2012 9:59:50 PM

jay_nar2012 said:
No problem, kind of an odd question though.

well he got the info from some1 who was wrkin on his lptp.i tink dat person wantd to get over on him.i really dont knw.but he swore dat person was rite.
m
l

Best solution

a c 109 à CPUs
November 16, 2012 10:10:10 PM

Well he has probably never worked on computers/laptops before, only works with software or is trying to look smart when he is not.

Simply CPUs go into sockets on a motherboard or mainboard, the CPU is like the brain of the computer, it requires no software or drivers.

Software is data and codes, data and codes that are downloaded, they aren't physical they are virtual.

Anyway you can find lots of cheap CPUs on ebay that are 2nd hand, just ask the seller if there are any problems with the CPU like bent pins.
November 17, 2012 12:18:43 AM

jay_nar2012 said:
Well he has probably never worked on computers/laptops before, only works with software or is trying to look smart when he is not.

Simply CPUs go into sockets on a motherboard or mainboard, the CPU is like the brain of the computer, it requires no software or drivers.

Software is data and codes, data and codes that are downloaded, they aren't physical they are virtual.

Anyway you can find lots of cheap CPUs on ebay that are 2nd hand, just ask the seller if there are any problems with the CPU like bent pins.

thank you.i let him read these post so he can see what i was talking about.
m
l
November 25, 2012 9:24:49 PM

Best answer selected by ivanda2nd.
m
l
!