Sign in with
Your question
Solved

My PC Reboots randomly without notice

Last response: in Components
November 7, 2012 11:03:42 PM

As the thread tittle says, I been having rebooting problems.

I already tried Windows Recovery and System Restore. Any ideas?
a b ) Power supply
November 7, 2012 11:18:07 PM

What kind of reboot is it? Black screen, blue screen or something else. Describe it for us.
m
l
November 8, 2012 12:18:47 AM

pauls3743 said:
What kind of reboot is it? Black screen, blue screen or something else. Describe it for us.

Well its not a black screen or a blue screen for sure. The reboots only happen out of the blue like while Im browsing the internet and BAM it reboots.

My guess is the power supply
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
November 8, 2012 1:51:24 AM

If it was a blackscreen reboot I'd agree that it's your power supply, but it's not.

If it's doing a proper shut down and reboot, and it sound slike it might be, I'd check your Windows update settings.
Start -> Control Panel -> Windows Update (Large/Small Icons view) -> Change Settings
Start -> Control Panel -> System and Security (Category view) -> Turn automatic updating on or off
When they're set to "Install updates automatically", Windows downloads the updates, installs them in the background and then reboots your computer if it needs to. I have my update settings set to "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them" because it lets me dictate when and what updates I want installed and if it needs rebooting it prompts me at the end.
November 8, 2012 7:14:47 PM

Best answer selected by namegoeshere.
m
l
November 8, 2012 7:16:19 PM

pauls3743 said:
If it was a blackscreen reboot I'd agree that it's your power supply, but it's not.

If it's doing a proper shut down and reboot, and it sound slike it might be, I'd check your Windows update settings.
Start -> Control Panel -> Windows Update (Large/Small Icons view) -> Change Settings
Start -> Control Panel -> System and Security (Category view) -> Turn automatic updating on or off
When they're set to "Install updates automatically", Windows downloads the updates, installs them in the background and then reboots your computer if it needs to. I have my update settings set to "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them" because it lets me dictate when and what updates I want installed and if it needs rebooting it prompts me at the end.

Thanks alot! It stopped :bounce: 
m
l
!