My PC Reboots randomly without notice

Solution
If it was a blackscreen reboot I'd agree that it's your power supply, but it's not.

If it's doing a proper shut down and reboot, and it sound slike it might be, I'd check your Windows update settings.
Start -> Control Panel -> Windows Update (Large/Small Icons view) -> Change Settings
Start -> Control Panel -> System and Security (Category view) -> Turn automatic updating on or off
When they're set to "Install updates automatically", Windows downloads the updates, installs them in the background and then reboots your computer if it needs to. I have my update settings set to "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them" because it lets me dictate when and what updates I want installed and if it needs...

namegoeshere

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012

Well its not a black screen or a blue screen for sure. The reboots only happen out of the blue like while Im browsing the internet and BAM it reboots.

My guess is the power supply

pauls3743

Distinguished
If it was a blackscreen reboot I'd agree that it's your power supply, but it's not.

If it's doing a proper shut down and reboot, and it sound slike it might be, I'd check your Windows update settings.
Start -> Control Panel -> Windows Update (Large/Small Icons view) -> Change Settings
Start -> Control Panel -> System and Security (Category view) -> Turn automatic updating on or off
When they're set to "Install updates automatically", Windows downloads the updates, installs them in the background and then reboots your computer if it needs to. I have my update settings set to "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them" because it lets me dictate when and what updates I want installed and if it needs rebooting it prompts me at the end.

Solution

namegoeshere

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012

Thanks alot! It stopped :bounce: