Carbide 500r vs Coolermaster haf xm

Which one is better?
46 answers Last reply
More about carbide 500r coolermaster
  1. I'm very happy with my 400R (one step down from the 500R) but I don't see anything "wrong" with the HAF XM either.

I would go with the one that you think would look better in your home.
  2. Z1NONLY said:
    I'm very happy with my 400R (one step down from the 500R) but I don't see anything "wrong" with the HAF XM either.

I would go with the one that you think would look better in your home.

Whcih one has the better quality should i cancel the 500 for the 400
  3. I'm unsure about the HAF quality, but the 400r is well built and well thought out.

My only reason for getting the 400R was the ease with which I can find 120mm and 140mm fan filters for the fans I wanted to add on the side.

The 500 comes with a 200mm fan.
  4. Z1NONLY said:
    I'm unsure about the HAF quality, but the 400r is well built and well thought out.

My only reason for getting the 400R was the ease with which I can find 120mm and 140mm fan filters for the fans I wanted to add on the side.

The 500 comes with a 200mm fan.

Are stock fans cool and quiet or you need to add more fans?
  5. According to the professional reviews Cooler Master HAF XM Final Score: 9.1 out of 10. Corsair Carbide 500R Final Score: 9.25 out of 10. Source: http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=767&Itemid=61&limit=1&limitstart=5
    http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=903&Itemid=61&limit=1&limitstart=5
  6. Front/rear fan(s) are quiet.
  7. Z1NONLY said:
    Front/rear fan(s) are quiet.

Side 200mm?
  8. hbeduryan818 said:
    Side 200mm?

My 400R didn't come with a 200mm side fan, so I don't know. However I can't imaging a 200mm low RPM fan being loud.
  9. Z1NONLY said:
    My 400R didn't come with a 200mm side fan, so I don't know. However I can't imaging a 200mm low RPM fan being loud.

Also do you recomend a corsair enthusiast tx 750w or a xfx pro 750 watt
  10. hbeduryan818 said:
    Also do you recomend a corsair enthusiast tx 750w or a xfx pro 750 watt
    The corsair enthusiast txV2 750w and xfx pro 750 are both built by seasonic get which ever is cheaper those are basically the same psu's :lol:
  11. bigcyco1 said:
    The corsair enthusiast txV2 750w and xfx pro 750 are both built by seasonic get which ever is cheaper those are basically the same psu's :lol:

http://www.amazon.com/XFX-PRO850W-Edition-Certified-P1850SNLB9/dp/B0045L4BNW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352418827&sr=8-1&keywords=Xfx+psu vs http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004MYFODI/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00 the corsair is 750w for 110 white the 850 is 110 which one should i choose please hurry
  12. bigcyco1 said:
    xfx

Quakity wise its the same?
  13. hbeduryan818 said:
    Quakity wise its the same?
    Do you mean quality?If so yes :)
  14. bigcyco1 said:
    Do you mean quality?If so yes :)

And what about fan speed and sound
  15. I'm running a TX750 +SLI and it's been great. But as mentioned above, either of the ones you are looking at are nice.
  16. Z1NONLY said:
    I'm running a TX750 +SLI and it's been great. But as mentioned above, either of the ones you are looking at are nice.

Does it make any sounds witht he fan? My rig: amd 8350 ssd vertex 4 256gb amd 7950 asus m5a99xevo
  17. My two graphics cards make all the noise when I'm loading up the PSU, I can't hear it at all when that happens.

Just surfing the internet and other easy stuff...it's pretty much silent.
  18. Z1NONLY said:
    My two graphics cards make all the noise when I'm loading up the PSU, I can't hear it at all when that happens.

Just surfing the internet and other easy stuff...it's pretty much silent.

Im getting paranoid a 750 isnt good what do you think if im gonna do light overclocking maybe to 4.5 ghz
  19. I'm at 4Ghz with an i7 right now, but I bet my 1045t X6@ 3.4Ghz pulled more power when I was running that and my two GTX 560's.

It never showed any signs of stress with that rig.

I wouldn't worry about my TX750 at all if I were to get aggressive with my OC.
  20. Z1NONLY said:
    I'm at 4Ghz with an i7 right now, but I bet my 1045t X6@ 3.4Ghz pulled more power when I was running that and my two GTX 560's.

It never showed any signs of stress with that rig.

So you think i should stick with this or get the xfx 850w for the same price?
  21. hbeduryan818 said:
    So you think i should stick with this or get the xfx 850w for the same price?
    Of course he does for the same price why wouldn't you ? Only a :pt1cable: person would not :lol:
  22. ^Correct. More power, reputable name, same price.
  23. Yes. It's a good unit.
  24. Z1NONLY said:
    Yes. It's a good unit.

Is it equal in durability as the corsair will it last me the same years? Also last question is there alot of connectors like the corsair?
  25. I have no direct experience with the XFX, but all the testing I have seen says they are well built and perform well.
  26. Z1NONLY said:
    I have no direct experience with the XFX, but all the testing I have seen says they are well built and perform well.

Damn amazon wont let me cancel my order -_- so i guess im stuck with it but it hink it will match my corsair carbude 500r
  27. Read the reviews i posted links it's
    Very stable +12V rail
    Very good ripple suppression
    80 Plus Bronze efficiency confirmed
    Great price
  28. bigcyco1 said:
    Read the reviews i posted links it's
    Very stable +12V rail
    Very good ripple suppression
    80 Plus Bronze efficiency confirmed
    Great price

Im too late amazon already shipped my order.....
  29. hbeduryan818 said:
    Im too late amazon already shipped my order.....
    what you order?
  30. You will be fine with either the TX750 or the XFX850w.

Whichever one is coming, enjoy it.
  31. bigcyco1 said:
    what you order?

The tx
  32. Z1NONLY said:
    You will be fine with either the TX750 or the XFX850w.

Thx
  33. hbeduryan818 said:
    The tx
    Your good no worries! :)
  34. Z1NONLY said:
    You will be fine with either the TX750 or the XFX850w.

+1 :D
  35. bigcyco1 said:
    Your good no worries! :)

Cool can the carbide hide all those extra wires?
  36. I don't own it so i wouldn't know i have Switch 810 . http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146089
  37. bigcyco1 said:
    I don't own it so i wouldn't know i have Switch 810 . http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146089

Check. How nice the 500r is
  38. http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=767&Itemid=61&limit=1&limitstart=5 Pros:Benchmark Reviews Golden Tachometer Award

+ Four stock fans: 2x 120mm front, 1x 120mm rear, 1x 200mm side
    + Many additional fan mounting options
    + All tool-less installation
    + Configurable hard drive cages
    + Multiple, wide, grommeted cabling spaces
    + Convex side panels for extra space
    + Excellent construction and style
    Cons:

- Mediocre quality screws and threads
    - Could be a tad less expensive
    - PATA/IDE drives do not fit
    Ratings:

Performance: 9.50
    Appearance: 9.00
    Construction: 9.50
    Functionality: 9.50
    Value: 8.75

Final Score: 9.25 out of 10.
  39. bigcyco1 said:
    http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=767&Itemid=61&limit=1&limitstart=5 Pros:Benchmark Reviews Golden Tachometer Award

+ Four stock fans: 2x 120mm front, 1x 120mm rear, 1x 200mm side
    + Many additional fan mounting options
    + All tool-less installation
    + Configurable hard drive cages
    + Multiple, wide, grommeted cabling spaces
    + Convex side panels for extra space
    + Excellent construction and style
    Cons:

- Mediocre quality screws and threads
    - Could be a tad less expensive
    - PATA/IDE drives do not fit
    Ratings:

Performance: 9.50
    Appearance: 9.00
    Construction: 9.50
    Functionality: 9.50
    Value: 8.75

Final Score: 9.25 out of 10.

Thats a noce score
  40. hbeduryan818 said:
    Cool can the carbide hide all those extra wires?

400R

41. Z1NONLY said:

Is tge vertex reliable? And i think i might just stay with the 750
  42. It's about a year old now, but it's got a lot of "miles" on it. It's done well thus far.
  43. Z1NONLY said:
    It's about a year old now, but it's got a lot of "miles" on it. It's done well thus far.

I bought a veex 4 256gb for myself as os and storage
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cooler Master Components Product