Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Need a gaming/entertainment rig

Last response: in Systems
Share
July 1, 2012 2:58:22 AM


Approximate Purchase Date: Soon, maybe in a few weeks time.
Budget Range: $1000, can go over if needed.
System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, surfing forums, watching movies.
Parts Not Required: Keyboard, mouse.
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: http://www.googoo.com.sg/shop2.asp (Might be overpriced, please tell me if so)
Country: Singapore
Parts Preferences:The cheapest that suits my needs.
Overclocking: Not really sure what this is and don't want to deal with things I'm unsure of, so no.
SLI or Crossfire: Again, not sure... so don't want to mess with it.
Monitor Resolution:
Additional Comments:I would want my system to be able to play games smoothly and without any lag.
July 1, 2012 6:05:09 AM

Monitor resolution? Can you use newegg? What kind of games?
m
0
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
July 1, 2012 6:07:45 AM

Newegg does not ship to Singapore.
m
0
l
July 1, 2012 6:26:05 AM

azeem40 said:
Newegg does not ship to Singapore.

My bad. XD
Anyways, (prices are from http://www.googoo.com.sg/shop2.asp)

CPU: (LGA1155) Intel Core i3 2120 3.3GHz - $165
Mobo: (LGA1155) Gigabyte H77M-D3H (M-ATX) - $155
GPU: MSI Geforce GTX560 1GB N560GTX Twin Frozr II - $279
RAM: G.Skill DDR3 1600 CL 7 (8GB Kit) 4GB x 2 [RipjawsX] F3-12800CL7D-8GBXH - $165
PSU: Seasonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W - $125
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 - $109
Case: Coolermaster HAF 912 Advanced - $139
Total: $1137

Okay so its over budget. But this build, for me, is one of the cheapest gaming builds in the website the OP preferred.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 1, 2012 6:45:32 AM

You're overpaying for that motherboard. An H67 is cheaper.
m
0
l
July 1, 2012 7:51:30 AM

Nw333 said:
My bad. XD
Anyways, (prices are from http://www.googoo.com.sg/shop2.asp)

CPU: (LGA1155) Intel Core i3 2120 3.3GHz - $165
Mobo: (LGA1155) Gigabyte H77M-D3H (M-ATX) - $155
GPU: MSI Geforce GTX560 1GB N560GTX Twin Frozr II - $279
RAM: G.Skill DDR3 1600 CL 7 (8GB Kit) 4GB x 2 [RipjawsX] F3-12800CL7D-8GBXH - $165
PSU: Seasonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W - $125
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 - $109
Case: Coolermaster HAF 912 Advanced - $139
Total: $1137

Okay so its over budget. But this build, for me, is one of the cheapest gaming builds in the website the OP preferred.


I would like to play high end games without lag. Probably games like bf3. Is that possible for the build above? Also, how do the prices compare to the ones on newegg? Is it similar or significantly more expensive? Thanks for taking the time to do this, appreciate it.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 1, 2012 7:53:44 AM

It is SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive. For example, the 560 non ti is around $150 on newegg.
m
0
l
July 1, 2012 8:04:12 AM

jordankzx said:
I would like to play high end games without lag. Probably games like bf3. Is that possible for the build above? Also, how do the prices compare to the ones on newegg? Is it similar or significantly more expensive? Thanks for taking the time to do this, appreciate it.


It would play it somewhere on the mid-almost high settings with decent fps. You would have to pay more if you wanted ultra settings with no lag. Also, if were talking about SG dollars its not much difference in terms of price :)  (1.2 SG $ for 1 US $)
m
0
l
July 1, 2012 8:14:19 AM

I might not buy from that website but go to my local stores to buy the parts. Any suggestions on other decent builds that suits my needs and is value for money? Name the parts so I can ask to see whats the price like. Thanks.
m
0
l
July 1, 2012 8:15:31 AM

azeem40 said:
It is SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive. For example, the 560 non ti is around $150 on newegg.


Is that for most/all of the parts? If so, then I will not purchase from that website.
m
0
l
July 1, 2012 8:15:33 AM

azeem40 said:
It is SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive. For example, the 560 non ti is around $150 on newegg.


Is that for most/all of the parts? If so, then I will not purchase from that website.
m
0
l
July 1, 2012 8:19:58 AM

If you could tell us the monitor resolution, it would be easier to choose parts for gaming at a decent FPS :) 
m
0
l
July 1, 2012 9:04:22 AM

1600 by 900 pixels.

Can I upgrade my current computer instead of buying a new one? It's a HP CQ3070D model bought a few years back.
m
0
l
July 1, 2012 9:22:14 AM

jordankzx said:
1600 by 900 pixels.

Can I upgrade my current computer instead of buying a new one? It's a HP CQ3070D model bought a few years back.

Is it premade? If so might have trouble with it due to compatability since it might potentially hold an old mobo. 1600x900 is still okay for the build I suggested.
m
0
l
July 1, 2012 9:58:08 AM

Nw333 said:
Is it premade? If so might have trouble with it due to compatability since it might potentially hold an old mobo. 1600x900 is still okay for the build I suggested.


Yes it's premade. I might build a new one or upgrade my old one, what do you suggest?
m
0
l
July 1, 2012 11:14:55 AM

jordankzx said:
Alright I think I'm going for a newly built one. Here is my preferred place to purchase the parts, please advice.

http://fuwell.com.sg/uploads/misc/Fuwell300612.pdf


This means I may buy a new monitor as well. Budget: $1000.

What parts do you already have? Like the OS. W/o OS build:

CPU: ( bundled with mobo. ) i3 2120 3.3GHz - $251
GPU: MSI 6870 1GB DDR5 - $269
Ram: G.Skill RipJawX 1600 CL9 (8gb kit) - $78
Mobo: (bundled with cpu) Asus P8H61-LX B3 - $251
Hdd: Western Digital 500GB 16mb Caviar Blue - $93
Case: Coolermaster HAF 912 - $139
PSU: Corsair GS600 600W Gaming 80+ Bronze - $119
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit - $120
Total: $1069

For the monitor, depends on how big you want it. :) 

Just a little bit over budget. Monitor isnt included. GPU is a bit better than the 560. Awesome case for good airflow, cable management. Reliable PSU :) 
m
0
l
!