Graphic artifacts -> no video -> hard reset required

swordknight

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
Hi guys, hope this is in the right forum.
Okay, so I custom ordered a PC from CyberPowerPC and it arrived yesterday. It runs great... aside from the (possibly literal) meltdown it experiences when trying to run any graphically demanding game or benchmark.

Here are my specs:

Raidmax Viper Gaming Mid-Tower Case W/Window
Intel i5-3570K 3.4 GHz (not overclocked)
60 GB OCZ Agility 3 SATA III SSD
1TB SATA III 7200 RPM 3.5" Hard Drive
EVGA GTX 670 2GB SC
8 GB Corsair 1600MHz Vengeance
Corsair Hydro Series H60 120MM Liquid Cooling (Push and Pull)
2x 120MM case fans
ASUS P8Z77-V LK Z77 Crossfire/SLI SATA 3.0 USB 3.0 LGA 1155
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

I bought the foam packaging solution, which I removed upon delivery. My computer runs like a dream for everything except gaming. I set my BIOS settings to "Performance" and I realized today that the clowns at CyberPowerPC forgot to plug in the two case fans. I plugged the 4-pin male on one of the fans into the 4-pin female coming out of another and now all 3 of the fans work, although they are not recognized by the BIOS. However, same problem occurs. I am fairly sure that this is not a memory issue, i did 44% of memtest with no problem (I had to leave for work so I turned it off). When I try and play a game, pink artifacts distort over the textures. Immediately after, a checkerboard pattern of blue (or pink) boxes and black boxes flashes on the screen before losing all video input (no input detected). My screen then goes into standby. Nothing short of a hard reset will restore responsiveness.

What should I do?