Upgrading an old computer?

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Computer
  • Hewlett Packard
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
July 1, 2012 9:09:27 AM

I have a HP CQ3070D that's bought a few years back. I'm wondering whether is it possible if I upgrade it such that everything becomes faster and I can play new games with no lag at all at medium-high settings?

I'm very new at this, so please guide me along. Thanks.

More about : upgrading computer

July 1, 2012 10:13:56 AM

for gaming you are looking at getting an intel cpu depending on your bufdget an i3 or an i5 a compatible motherboard and id say minimum gpu something like a hd6850 or a 550ti with ast least 4gb ram
what you need to do is post your budget and preferred website for parts and usually you will get great advice on what parts to buy for the best price/performance
m
l
July 1, 2012 10:21:10 AM

kiezz said:
for gaming you are looking at getting an intel cpu depending on your bufdget an i3 or an i5 a compatible motherboard and id say minimum gpu something like a hd6850 or a 550ti with ast least 4gb ram
what you need to do is post your budget and preferred website for parts and usually you will get great advice on what parts to buy for the best price/performance

Would it be better if I set up an entirely new parts or just stay with the old? I don't particularly have an budget, maybe about SG$1000. I would prefer going to the shop itself to get my parts, so I would prefer people recommending parts instead.

Thanks.
m
l
July 1, 2012 11:32:27 AM

jordankzx said:
Would it be better if I set up an entirely new parts or just stay with the old? I don't particularly have an budget, maybe about SG$1000. I would prefer going to the shop itself to get my parts, so I would prefer people recommending parts instead.

Thanks.

I visited HP site for the specifications of your motherboard at http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Docume...

Unfortunately, the upgrade path for the HP CQ3070D is limiting... the motherboard is not giving you flexible room upgrade for what I think you need playing games mid-high settings. I highly recommend you build an entirely new computer.
m
l
!