Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Where can i download pre 12.4 7970 drivers?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
May 7, 2012 4:48:43 PM

Hi. I have been searching without much luck for 7970 drivers that are pre 12.4. AMD only has the latest on their website. The reason I want these is because I am unable to play mass effect 3 with a resolution any higher than 1920x1080 even though my desktop is set to 6048x1080. I have seen reviews of the 7970 using 12.2 and 12.3 with mass effect 3 in eyefinity resolutions so I wanted to try some older drivers to see if they work for me. I would simply revert back to a previous version driver but I set up a RAID 0 for my OS so I had to reinstall windows I lost my previous versions of the driver. Any idea where I can find older drivers?

Best solution

a c 175 U Graphics card
May 7, 2012 4:53:26 PM
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
May 7, 2012 5:20:37 PM

Umm.....you must not have looked very hard, cause you can get any previous version at AMD.com

m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 7, 2012 6:20:11 PM

geekapproved said:
Umm.....you must not have looked very hard, cause you can get any previous version at AMD.com

Using the link provided by refillable, I did notice that it was on the AMD website. Without using the link, I still do not see exaclty how to find those drivers on the AMD site. I was able to find the drivers on guru3d thanks to Bigmack70. I will try some older versions when I get home to see which will work. Perhaps I could have spent more of my company time looking for drivers but I figured that someone here new exaclty where to find them and I could get back to work. geekapproved, I am still uncertain on how to respond to your posts. If we had a good relationship, I would sort of expect a snarky answer like that for my lack of effort but the only time I have ever had any contact with you was to respond to an unnescessarily rude comment and not just in my threads. Is that really how you are or should I be taking your comments all in good fun?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b \ Driver
May 7, 2012 6:28:17 PM

alrobichaud said:
I still do not see exaclty how to find those drivers on the AMD site.

At the bottom of the page to download the current drivers for your OS you'll see a link that says Previous drivers - pressing that link takes you to the previous versions of the drivers for your OS version -- ie. doing so on the Windows 7 64 bit driver page leads you to this page ( http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/previous/... ) which has all previous versions from 8.10 to 12.3 !
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 7, 2012 8:58:29 PM

JDFan said:
At the bottom of the page to download the current drivers for your OS you'll see a link that says Previous drivers - pressing that link takes you to the previous versions of the drivers for your OS version -- ie. doing so on the Windows 7 64 bit driver page leads you to this page ( http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/previous/... ) which has all previous versions from 8.10 to 12.3 !

Oh thanks. I totally missed that:) 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 8, 2012 10:34:45 AM

CCC 12.3 is the last version of driver that Mass effect 3 eyefinity will work with. Thanks for all the help. Best answer is going to go to refillable for pointing me in the direction of the AMD website which should have been the obvious place to look but it apparently was not for me. Bigmack70, thanks for the guru3d tip but I prefer to get my drivers straight from the source. Worst answer is going to go to geekapproved for providing no help what so ever. :ouch: 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 8, 2012 10:35:03 AM

Best answer selected by alrobichaud.
m
l
!