Switch from Noctua NH-D14 to Corsair Hydro H100?

dan1331

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
Hello, I just ordered everything I need to build a new pc except The Noctura I ordered doesn't have the LGA2011 mounting brackets (only the SE has them) and I don't want to wait for them to be delivered. Local stores do not have Noctura. I could go to best buy and get a Corsair Hydro H100 but I've never had liquid cooled and I'm a little concerned. The average review score for the hydro is lower than the NH-D14 but hardcore enthusiasts seem to prefer the Hydro.

The hydro would give me a way to use my pc now without waiting for a deliver first and it would be easier to add or remove memory but I don't know exactly what I'm trading away to get it. What would be the negative factors if I did this besides an extra $20?

Thanks a lot!

dan1331

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
I forgot to mention in the youtube video I watched it looks like the Corsair Hydro sucks air in through the back. The CM Storm Trooper diagram (my case) has an illustration showing the airflow and that is supposed to be blown out according to them. Can I put the attached corsair fan in a different location? Can I reverse it to blow out?

Thanks again!