Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

First time building a pc, a little help would be apreciated.

Last response: in Systems
Share
July 1, 2012 9:12:35 AM

Hi im building a gaming pc with a friend, the hopes are to play skyrim/shogun2/bf3.
buying parts next week

cpu intel i5 2500k

1 tb seagate barracuda

8 gb kingston valueR 1333 mhz

gpu xfx radeon hd 6870 1 gb ddr5 dual fan

tower fractal design define r3 black pearl

mobo msi b75ma-pa socket 1155

psu cooler master gx lite 600w psu

cannibalizing dvd

this is where im buying parts http://www.komplett.dk/k/cart.aspx

is this build a good entry lvl gaming build with the option to upgrade to a radeon 7850 and maybe a ssd later?
July 1, 2012 9:30:58 AM

im not familiar with the b75 chipset does it support ur 2500k's overclocking ability, your psu is a bit overboard for that setup too maybe a decent 500watter
July 1, 2012 9:33:34 AM

thank you for the input, would a 550w power supply be a better option? i do not now much about overclocking, or the things required from a mobo to do so.
Related resources
July 1, 2012 10:01:42 AM

salsasut said:
thank you for the input, would a 550w power supply be a better option? i do not now much about overclocking, or the things required from a mobo to do so.


The B75 chipset is a business orientated chipset there is no overclocking option and ram xmp profiles arent supported you would be better off with a z68 or z77 chipset, but should you chose to stick with that board dont get the k's cpu as you wont be able to overclock it anyways. a decent 550w will be more than enough for your setup
July 1, 2012 10:11:38 AM

hmm would a Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3, Socket-1155 be a suitabel mobo for this build then? sry for my noobinesh but this is the first time im building a pc, and i really wanna be sure before i spend dollar bills on hardware :) 
July 1, 2012 10:12:29 AM

salsasut said:
hmm would a Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3, Socket-1155 be a suitabel mobo for this build then? sry for my noobinesh but this is the first time im building a pc, and i really wanna be sure before i spend dollar bills on hardware :) 

whats you budget for the motherboard
July 1, 2012 10:15:58 AM

i kinda blew my budget already XD the budget for the entire thing is 1000 dollars but so far the build is 1090 with OS im paying 117 for the mobo atm
July 1, 2012 10:16:23 AM

this wouldnt cost much more and will do everything Asrock Z77-EXTREME4-M
July 1, 2012 10:19:15 AM

the fractals are nice cases but you can get cases that get the job done as well but not as pretty like the antec 300 which will be 40 or 50 bucks and drop your psu down to a 500w save another 10 bucks or so
July 1, 2012 10:19:39 AM

i can buy that its too expensive and not availabel in my country im afraid :(  should i just get a cheaper i5 and perhaps and forget about OC´ing ?
July 1, 2012 10:22:30 AM

salsasut said:
i can buy that its too expensive and not availabel in my country im afraid :(  should i just get a cheaper i5 and perhaps and forget about OC´ing ?

the gigabyte you mentioned will be fine
July 1, 2012 10:25:50 AM

so Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3, Socket-1155 instead of the msi b75ma-pa socket 1155
and XFX ProSeries Core Edition 550W PSU instead of the cooler master gx lite 600w psu, and that should be sufficient to play the above mentioned games?
July 1, 2012 10:44:27 AM

salsasut said:
so Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3, Socket-1155 instead of the msi b75ma-pa socket 1155
and XFX ProSeries Core Edition 550W PSU instead of the cooler master gx lite 600w psu, and that should be sufficient to play the above mentioned games?

should be able to do all with reduced settings particularly in bf3
July 1, 2012 10:48:05 AM

thank you very much for helping me out :)  chose a cheaper case aswell this is for a friend, will be building one for my self soon aswell. cant wait to get into building pc´s well again thank you and have a very nice day.
July 1, 2012 10:50:15 AM

salsasut said:
would a 550w power supply be a better option?

Yes. Not from coolermaster though. It might not last as long as seasonic, antec, xfx and other reputable brands.
July 1, 2012 10:51:49 AM

found a xfx pro series 550w :) 
!